Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Jet 1442 Tailstock

Just a quick question. Yesterday, I was going to use the tailstock with a
forstner bit to hollow the center of a bowl. Found that I could not get the
handwheel to advance the quill. The tailstock quill lock handle is loose
and when I turn the handwheel, the whole quill turns but does not advance.
It appears that the screw mechanism on the interior is not connected
properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I called into jet service but it was near
the end of the day and there was no tech available until Monday morning. I
just had hoped to get some work done today.

--
Bob Daun

Jet 1442 Dr. Deb Woodturning 2 June 6th 06 04:38 AM
Jet 1442 Dr. Deb Woodturning 3 February 17th 05 03:13 PM
Jet 1442 question Chris C Woodturning 3 January 20th 05 09:48 PM
Jet 1442 opinions Wood Turn It Dont Burn It Woodturning 6 November 18th 04 01:31 PM
Jet 1442 legs Andrew Barss Woodturning 3 November 16th 04 06:32 PM