Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bob Daun Bob Daun is offline

Default Jet 1442 Tailstock

Just a quick question. Yesterday, I was going to use the tailstock with a
forstner bit to hollow the center of a bowl. Found that I could not get the
handwheel to advance the quill. The tailstock quill lock handle is loose
and when I turn the handwheel, the whole quill turns but does not advance.
It appears that the screw mechanism on the interior is not connected
properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I called into jet service but it was near
the end of the day and there was no tech available until Monday morning. I
just had hoped to get some work done today.

--
Bob Daun