Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb

Default Jet 1442

I heard a noise I did not like on the hand wheel end of the headstock and
decided to replace the bearings in the headstock. Two queestions:

Has anyone done this?

Is there anything to especially watch out for?

Thanks

Deb
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
RonB

If you haven't already replaced the bearings, try cleaning it out real well.
The speed control on some of the earlier ones can get sticky and a little
noisy. I pull the cover off and blow the sawdust out from time to time.
Also wipe the belt. The whole process take just a few minutes.

RonB

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dr. Deb

RonB wrote:

If you haven't already replaced the bearings, try cleaning it out real
well. The speed control on some of the earlier ones can get sticky and a
little
noisy. I pull the cover off and blow the sawdust out from time to time.
Also wipe the belt. The whole process take just a few minutes.

RonB

At this point I have the bearings out (failed to notice the middle on and
have to pick it up tomorrow). However, will remember the tip in the
future.

Thanks

Deb

semi-review of the Jet 1442 VSK mac davis Woodturning 6 June 9th 05 05:44 PM
Robert Sorbey Modular tool rest does not fit Jet 1442 all that well Stephen M Woodturning 11 April 18th 05 10:30 PM
Jet 1442 Dr. Deb Woodturning 3 February 17th 05 04:13 PM
Can A Link Belt Be Used On A Jet 1442 ? Wood Turn It Dont Burn It Woodturning 11 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jet 1442 opinions Wood Turn It Dont Burn It Woodturning 6 November 18th 04 02:31 PM