Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Interest in Shaving Brush Turning Kit

Hello group,

I currently turn and sell shaving brushes on my eBay store. I also sell the
brush knots and turning blanks from most of the popular wood used for wet
applications like shaving.

I'm thinking of providing a kit for woodturners including instructions,
pre-drilled blanks, badger hair knots, single use epoxy packet, and mixing
supplies.

Shaving brushes made from badger hair knots are highly sought after and
collectible. A good quality brush made from one of my badger hair knots
usually sells for $75-$80 on eBay. Some for as high as $125.

Would any of you be interested in a kit like this?

Best Regards,

Pete

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Pete & Kathy" wrote in message :
A good quality brush made from one of my badger hair knots usually sells
for $75-$80 on eBay. Some for as high as $125.

Could you send a link to one of the eBay listings that brought in $75-80.
Thanks,

Jo

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Could you send a link to one of the eBay listings that brought in $75-80.

Sure... here are some fairly recent ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...57 &rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...75 &rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...97 &rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...05 &rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...17 &rd=1&rd=1

Pete

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks, the Bethlehem Olive Wood Handle brush is exceptional, very nice
grain.

....and it smells great when you're turning it! I'm not sure it holds up to
water as well as some of the denser woods like cocobolo or ebony. I also
find that that wonderful grain often has cracks that go along with it.
Nothing that would hurt it structurally and they can be filled. Small price
to pay for that beauty! I make sure to seal the inside of the hole with CA
glue before fixing the knot.

Here's a to a prototype kit photo. I hope it's ok to post here like this.

img src="http://i2.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/94/b7/577b_1_sbl.JPG" alt="Shaving
Brush Kit"

Pete

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Pete & Kathy" writes:

Here's a to a prototype kit photo. I hope it's ok to post here like this.

Sure.
I don't use a shaving brush, but I think it's a great idea.

img src="http://i2.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/94/b7/577b_1_sbl.JPG" alt="Shaving
Brush Kit"

You may wish to offer a 5-pack kit, and a kit without wood for those
that have access to nice chunks.

Best of luck and hope you do well.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

You may wish to offer a 5-pack kit, and a kit without wood for those
that have access to nice chunks.

I do sell the badger hair knots and blanks individually in my eBay store
already. A three pack might be a good diea... the full kits will probably
run $45 or so, five might be a bit much for folks.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 25, 6:08 pm, "Pete & Kathy" wrote:
You may wish to offer a 5-pack kit, and a kit without wood for those
that have access to nice chunks.

I do sell the badger hair knots and blanks individually in my eBay store
already. A three pack might be a good diea... the full kits will probably
run $45 or so, five might be a bit much for folks.

Personally I think that shaving is an unnatural act. I do however get
occasional requests for shaving brushes. Not enough that I would carry
them. I think the brush heads (knots) could sell. It is more of a
specialty market.
robo hippy