Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Grizzly 8690

Does anyone know if there are any chucks that will fit the g8690
lathe? It has a MT #1 spur center.

Thanks
Terry

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Terry

FWIW, I would get the Oneway chuck, they come with a separate tapered
insert, any kind of size you want, and when you have outgrown this
lathe, (I expect you to do that very soon) ;-))) you than can change
just the insert and use your chuck on your new lathe.
Just go and have a look at the link below, there's all the info you
need.

http://www.oneway.on.ca/chucks/index.htm

Btw, lathes can be dangerous, holding that piece of wood is more
important than having more power etc. and a good quality chuck will
last you a lifetime, also it would be very easy to sell the chuck and
get a good price for it, if you decide you don't like turning anymore.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 20, 12:17 pm, wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any chucks that will fit the g8690
lathe? It has a MT #1 spur center.

Thanks
Terry

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Terry

FWIW, I would get the Oneway chuck, they come with a separate tapered
insert, any kind of size you want, and when you have outgrown this
lathe, (I expect you to do that very soon) ;-))) you than can change
just the insert and use your chuck on your new lathe.

Same with the Vicmarc chuck.

Max

Grizzly Lynn Coffelt Woodturning 2 May 12th 05 01:34 PM
grizzly Tim Wiley Woodturning 6 August 18th 04 03:23 AM
Now it is Grizzly VS. Delta was...Grizzly G0444Z Question--no reply from Grizzly Jeff Woodworking 5 February 2nd 04 11:17 PM
Grizzly G0444Z Question--no reply from Grizzly Jeff Woodworking 12 January 19th 04 03:47 PM