Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Darrell... you still with us?

Darrell - like Leo, if you have been posting, I haven't seen it. And
going back in the group it looks like you haven't posted for a while.

Everything OK in the Great White North?

(Hey... take off...)

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Robert
Thanks for the notice. Sorry about not posting more often. It has been a
combination of things here. I was away for a week on a course for my Doctor
of Ministry degree ( I say "my" although I do not have it yet and am on the
10 year plan to get it, maybe) and now have a project and a paper to prepare
before the last of April. Considering the paper needs to be suitable for
academic publishing this could be a time consuming challenge :-) However, I
did pick a topic about which I know next to nothing :-) Secondly, I am on
the board of our Association summer camp and it takes a lot of time in
preparation this time of year. Third, I have not turned a lot lately, but
need to. For me it is a spiritual thing as well as physical and mental.
I now have several things to finish up as "works in progress" for the page
and there is a piece of apple on the big lathe. This thing is dry and hard
with incredible cracks and some wind shakes along with bark inclusions and
wonderful color. It should have been fire wood but it is too pretty to burn,
so decorative pieces it must be.
I also need to get some flat work done. My electric needs a rebuild more
than an overhaul and my son wants a new one and tells me some friends want
instruction on building. Also I have a couple of requests for a clock and a
wall hanging as well as a violin to repair some one else's repairs.
On top of all this the church goes on and it is a busy time there. Life is
not boring. Thanks for letting me give a long answer to a short question.
This is a great group and I have learned a lot from the friends here over
the years. I will be reading and posting still.

Darrell
___
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Sounds like me... "well, I wanted to spend more time doing what I
wanted, but life got in the way".

Had a lot of that last year, hopefully this year will be better. I
worry though when I don't see some of the old sigs around here because
this place can get really quiet. I remember a time when this NG was
just as noisy and popular as the woodworkign newsgroup... not anymore.

Glad to you hear you are OK.

Robert

Member

Location: Halesworth, Suffolk.uk

Darrell
Maybe if you thought of us as your flock and you could then give us a sermon each week,from the wood turning Bible,g
Mark
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thanks for the kind words guys. I tell you, wood turning time is
disappearing lately. but now and then, even 5 or 10 minutes helps to restore
the soul. There is a very real sense that creativity is prayer if the desire
is there to connect with the Creator. It is interesting that in the Chistian
setting, each aspect of the Trinity is also the Creator. Neat, eh?

--

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"Woodborg" wrote in message

Darrell
Maybe if you thought of us as your flock and you could then give us a
sermon each week,from the wood turning Bible,g
Mark

--
Woodborg

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Thanks for the kind words guys. I tell you, wood turning time is
disappearing lately. but now and then, even 5 or 10 minutes helps to restore
the soul. There is a very real sense that creativity is prayer if the desire
is there to connect with the Creator. It is interesting that in the Chistian
setting, each aspect of the Trinity is also the Creator. Neat, eh?

The way I see things, Jesus liked to work with wood and his Dad is an
organic gardener (on a grand scale!).

(NB: at the time when Jesus was a carpenter, that trade started by
buying a standing tree (or two) and carried on until the house was built
AND furnished. Whatever passed for lathe work in those days, it is
likely that Jesus did it.)

Bill

is worth a **** unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000720-0, 03/01/2007
Tested on: 3/2/2007 2:15:29 AM