Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Darrell... you still with us?

Robert
Thanks for the notice. Sorry about not posting more often. It has been a
combination of things here. I was away for a week on a course for my Doctor
of Ministry degree ( I say "my" although I do not have it yet and am on the
10 year plan to get it, maybe) and now have a project and a paper to prepare
before the last of April. Considering the paper needs to be suitable for
academic publishing this could be a time consuming challenge :-) However, I
did pick a topic about which I know next to nothing :-) Secondly, I am on
the board of our Association summer camp and it takes a lot of time in
preparation this time of year. Third, I have not turned a lot lately, but
need to. For me it is a spiritual thing as well as physical and mental.
I now have several things to finish up as "works in progress" for the page
and there is a piece of apple on the big lathe. This thing is dry and hard
with incredible cracks and some wind shakes along with bark inclusions and
wonderful color. It should have been fire wood but it is too pretty to burn,
so decorative pieces it must be.
I also need to get some flat work done. My electric needs a rebuild more
than an overhaul and my son wants a new one and tells me some friends want
instruction on building. Also I have a couple of requests for a clock and a
wall hanging as well as a violin to repair some one else's repairs.
On top of all this the church goes on and it is a busy time there. Life is
not boring. Thanks for letting me give a long answer to a short question.
This is a great group and I have learned a lot from the friends here over
the years. I will be reading and posting still.

Darrell
___
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com

Darrell - like Leo, if you have been posting, I haven't seen it. And
going back in the group it looks like you haven't posted for a while.

Everything OK in the Great White North?

(Hey... take off...)

Robert

oups.com...