Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Oregon Electric Sure Sharp File Guide

I'm thinking of buying this to speed up my chainsaw blade sharpening. Has
anyone out there used this and could you share your opinions. TIA
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Tony,

Have you considered a Harbor Freight chainsaw sharpener. You do have to
pull the chain but it is quick, accurate and works good. I have used mine
for the past five or six years and often sharpen four or more chains at
time. It takes perhaps five minutes to do the job on each chain. I use a
diamond stone to touch up and keep them sharp in use. Since I am often
using the chains for ripping boards I want them really sharp but I also do
5-10 cords a year of firewood and really don't like having any chainsaw work
take any longer than it needs to.

Of course on a related topic, in the chainsaw world Tim Allen had it right,
more power is gooder.

Brian

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Brian,
Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the harbor Freight tool but really
dont want to take the chain off everytime I want to sharpen. Its just more
convienient to keep it on. I will keep the tool in mind though.
Tony

"Brian" wrote in message
m...
Hi Tony,

Have you considered a Harbor Freight chainsaw sharpener. You do have to
pull the chain but it is quick, accurate and works good. I have used mine
for the past five or six years and often sharpen four or more chains at
time. It takes perhaps five minutes to do the job on each chain. I use a
diamond stone to touch up and keep them sharp in use. Since I am often
using the chains for ripping boards I want them really sharp but I also do
5-10 cords a year of firewood and really don't like having any chainsaw
work take any longer than it needs to.

Of course on a related topic, in the chainsaw world Tim Allen had it
right, more power is gooder.

Brian

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

oops sorry mine is the harbor fright which sells the Oregon elec

On sale it cost only $40.

PS taking off the chain once and a while is part of good maintenance.
For me it only takes a minute and it gives me a chance to check
everything over.