Proctologically Violated©®

Default Electric motor NEMA frame guide

Awl--

I was going to pester the group for exactly the table I found below--aww by
myself, iffin you can imagine dat... Armaggeddon must be near....

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.co...frame_info.htm

Anyways, I think this might remove *some* of the mystery of motor
replacement, and expand one's options, at least dimension-wise, which in one
of my cases is pretty important.
HTH--you as well as me!
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Proctologically Violated©®

Yeah, I outdid myself!!

What a handy thing to have! You'll proly find the Baldor pdf more useful
than the table that comes up below--you'll see it. If you can stand
pdf's.... In this case, it is worth it.

For example, did you know that the *shaft diameter* is in fact part of the
"frame specification"??? As are keyway dims, etc.!

In my VFD query, someone mentioned that I might could do with a 145T frame
(143T is oem).
They were exactly correct, and in fact it is the ONLY substitutable frame
possible, in this case, unless I want to bush up/down shafts, etc.

Not clear, tho, whether the "cast iron-finned" spec is a part of this, or
internal/external cooling/totally enclosed, etc. I think these might be
add'l specs, but I'm not sure.
Anyone know?

Anyway, for anyone replacing motors, this should be a big help.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Awl--

I was going to pester the group for exactly the table I found below--aww
by myself, iffin you can imagine dat... Armaggeddon must be near....

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.co...frame_info.htm

Anyways, I think this might remove *some* of the mystery of motor
replacement, and expand one's options, at least dimension-wise, which in
one of my cases is pretty important.
HTH--you as well as me!
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Larry Green

Awl--

I was going to pester the group for exactly the table I found below--aww by
myself, iffin you can imagine dat... Armaggeddon must be near....

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.co...frame_info.htm

Anyways, I think this might remove *some* of the mystery of motor
replacement, and expand one's options, at least dimension-wise, which in one
of my cases is pretty important.
HTH--you as well as me!

Interesting , thanks for the link although it seems to refer to
'regular' motors and doesn't cover the NEMA 23 and 34 stepper motor
standards which I am currently interested in.

Thanks anyway ;-).

--
Larry Green
Proctologically Violated©®

"Larry Green" wrote in message
.. .

Awl--

I was going to pester the group for exactly the table I found below--aww
by myself, iffin you can imagine dat... Armaggeddon must be near....

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.co...frame_info.htm

Anyways, I think this might remove *some* of the mystery of motor
replacement, and expand one's options, at least dimension-wise, which in
one of my cases is pretty important.
HTH--you as well as me!

Interesting , thanks for the link although it seems to refer to 'regular'
motors and doesn't cover the NEMA 23 and 34 stepper motor standards which
I am currently interested in.

Add those specs to what I googled on: electric motors frame guide
no quotes; or put in various quotes to narrow things down.
The above link was 3rd on the list.
--
Mr. P.V.'d

Thanks anyway ;-).

--
Larry Green

Proctologically Violated©®

Oh yeah, the new Graingers catalog also has such a chart. Proly older cats
as well, in the beginning of the motors section. Also some other info.