Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
TonyM TonyM is offline

Default Oregon Electric Sure Sharp File Guide

Brian,
Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the harbor Freight tool but really
dont want to take the chain off everytime I want to sharpen. Its just more
convienient to keep it on. I will keep the tool in mind though.
Tony

"Brian" wrote in message
m...
Hi Tony,

Have you considered a Harbor Freight chainsaw sharpener. You do have to
pull the chain but it is quick, accurate and works good. I have used mine
for the past five or six years and often sharpen four or more chains at
time. It takes perhaps five minutes to do the job on each chain. I use a
diamond stone to touch up and keep them sharp in use. Since I am often
using the chains for ripping boards I want them really sharp but I also do
5-10 cords a year of firewood and really don't like having any chainsaw
work take any longer than it needs to.

Of course on a related topic, in the chainsaw world Tim Allen had it
right, more power is gooder.

Brian