Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Opinions on Grizzly Bandsaw Model 1019Z

I have an opportunity to pick this saw up used for about $125-$150.
I have not had a chance to get across town and put my eys on it, but at this
price would this be a good deal?

Thanks

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Martin,
I have a Grizzly bandsaw but I'm not sure what model it is. Its a 12" saw
w/ a 6" riser block. I only use it for roughing out turning blanks and it
has served me well in that capacity. I don't think I would try to cut
veneer or anything that fancy with it, does not seem to be machined to the
kind of tolerances that would need. But for my uses its great.
Tony Manella
ndd1"at"prolog.net (remove "at")
http://home.ptd.net/~ndd1/
Lehigh Valley Woodturners

"Martin" wrote in message
I have an opportunity to pick this saw up used for about $125-$150.
I have not had a chance to get across town and put my eys on it, but at
this price would this be a good deal?

Thanks

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article CvNCh.1630$4J4.69@trnddc01,
"Martin" wrote:

I have an opportunity to pick this saw up used for about $125-$150.
I have not had a chance to get across town and put my eys on it, but at this
price would this be a good deal?

Thanks

Martin

One, with riser, went on eBay for $260. If you need/want a "lite" duty
14" bandsaw, could be a good deal

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kip Kip is offline

On Feb 20, 7:46?pm, "Martin" wrote:
I have an opportunity to pick this saw up used for about $125-$150.
I have not had a chance to get across town and put my eys on it, but at this
price would this be a good deal?

Thanks

Martin

I have a 1019 vintage 1989. Like Tiny says, it's OK for roughing out
bowl blanks. It is not a precision machine by any means.

Kip Powers
Rogers, AR

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Feb 20, 8:46 pm, "Martin" wrote:
I have an opportunity to pick this saw up used for about $125-$150.
I have not had a chance to get across town and put my eys on it, but at this
price would this be a good deal?

I have had one for five or six years and am perfectly pleased with
it. Like others have said, it is not a precision tool, but it is a
good value.

Dick Durbin