Jay Pique

Default Grizzly 14" BS - 1019Z - Z-Series Bandsaw

I've seen a few fairly negative reviews of this saw, as well as a bunch
of positive ones as well. I've got an opportunity to pick one up with
the 4" riser for $250 w/several blades and I'm thinking about it.

Anyone out there have any updates - good or bad - on this saw?

Thanks much.

JP
*****************************
Or maybe an LT20 for $250?

Mike in Idaho

Jay Pique wrote:
I've got an opportunity to pick one up with
the 4" riser for $250 w/several blades and I'm thinking about it.

For $250 you could try it out for a week or two and if you don't like
it you could repost it in the paper and get your $250 back minus the
fee to post it (call it a bandsaw rental). I have the G0155 and love
it, not sure what the difference between the 1019z and the G0155 is
(apparently they both have 1hp motors -- is that correct?).

Obviously you want to take a look at it and make sure it's in good
working condition first, but other than that unless you're willing to
pony up for a new one you'll probably be just fine (I've had great luck
buying used equipment, I'd say half of my stuff is from garage sales or
classifieds).

Mike