Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Handmade shavibg brush handles

Dear friends,
a brief note to let you know that our new shaving website is going to
feature a picture showcase dedicated to custom made shaving brushes.
This is not a contest, we don't plan to test the brushes or anything like
that, rather just to show them in our website.
A maximum of five brushes per artist will be showcased.
Participation is welcome and, of course, completely free. Artists are to
provide us with pictures of their work (.jpg) and a written description of
the individual brushes. We will post contact information for all
participants.
Please check out our website at www.razorandbrush.com . You are welcome to
post for sale adson our sales board. All posts are free.
Thanks and regards,

Giovanni Abrate
West Palm Beach, FL.
webmaster www.razorandbrush.com

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Giovanni Abrate wrote:
Dear friends,
a brief note to let you know that our new shaving website is going to
feature a picture showcase dedicated to custom made shaving brushes.

Giovanni ... check your links! Both gallery links are dead and the
"Articles" link is a mailto: link.

An altogether bumpy ride. I'd be interested in your topic but, it looks
like you announced the site before it was ready for guests. I was
half-hoping to find links to (reasonably priced) brush plug suppliers.

(To all those who may have taken a look at MY site last week and faced a
horrible download time for the graphics ... I think I've got all
2,000,000 pictures tamed now ... the biggest is 800x600 and most are
only 320x240.) There aren't quite 2 million pix but that is how big the
task looked like when I started fixing them. And EACH of the catalog
entries had to be uploaded again. Still mostly kit stuff with some bowls.)

Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000707-0, 01/27/2007
Tested on: 1/27/2007 12:29:07 PM

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Bill,
the links on the HP are a work in progress. The links from the HP to the
Message Board is functioning and so is the one to the sales board.
Someone in the sales board IS, in fact, advertising badger knots.
The Gallery will be filled soon, as contributions arrive. The site has only
been up for 48 hours!
The FAQ link is now active as are the email links: contact and webmaster.
Participate and help us launch this new site!
Thanks and regards,
Giovanni
www.razorandbrush.com
http://members.boardhost.com/razorandbrush/
http://members.boardhost.com/razorandbrush2/

"Bill in Detroit" wrote in message
Giovanni Abrate wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Giovanni & Bill...

Nice sites. Keep it up and the bugs will work themselves out.

Uh Bill... but where are the canes? [Oh My!!]
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Thank you, Casper!
Giovanni
"Casper" wrote in message
Giovanni & Bill...

Nice sites. Keep it up and the bugs will work themselves out.

Uh Bill... but where are the canes? [Oh My!!]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Casper wrote:
Giovanni & Bill...

Nice sites. Keep it up and the bugs will work themselves out.

Uh Bill... but where are the canes? [Oh My!!]

Well, I wish I had this problem across the board, but I only had two and
they sold (for more than I was asking!) before I could get that far with
the site. ;-)

I'll make a note to drop all the unused categories this evening. It was
easier to create them all at once while I had them in mind but it's been
a mad scramble to get stuff finished. Sales off the site are dead but
the FtF custom orders keep trickling in.

Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000707-0, 01/27/2007
Tested on: 1/28/2007 7:32:37 PM

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Well, I wish I had this problem across the board, but I only had two and
they sold (for more than I was asking!) before I could get that far with
the site. ;-)

I'll make a note to drop all the unused categories this evening. It was
easier to create them all at once while I had them in mind but it's been
a mad scramble to get stuff finished. Sales off the site are dead but
the FtF custom orders keep trickling in.

Bill

Selling is good! I'm sure more things will. Everything looks good!
I was curious about the style of your canes. I've been toying with the
idea of making some and occasionally try to surf cane pictures. Even
if they have sold, you might want to leave a photo or two up to show
what you can do, especially if you make more.

`Casper
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Casper wrote:
Well, I wish I had this problem across the board, but I only had two and
they sold (for more than I was asking!) before I could get that far with
the site. ;-)

I'll make a note to drop all the unused categories this evening. It was
easier to create them all at once while I had them in mind but it's been
a mad scramble to get stuff finished. Sales off the site are dead but
the FtF custom orders keep trickling in.

Bill

Selling is good! I'm sure more things will. Everything looks good!
I was curious about the style of your canes. I've been toying with the
idea of making some and occasionally try to surf cane pictures. Even
if they have sold, you might want to leave a photo or two up to show
what you can do, especially if you make more.

`Casper

One of them (local owner) should be coming back this week to get its
brass re-buffed. I'll try to sneak in a photo session.

Thanks for the compliments. I try to sell only what I would be willing
to buy for roughly the price I would think fair as a purchaser. Not
living in a third-world country, sometimes it's difficult meeting both a
quality and a price sales point. I don't pay a third-world mortgage and
I can't buy my bread for 2 cents a loaf, either. But, if I have to
sacrifice one to get the other, I keep the quality.

Bill

rascal less in the world.
Thomas Carlyle (1795 - 1881)
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000708-1, 01/29/2007
Tested on: 1/29/2007 11:16:40 PM

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Interesting site Giovanni, but it would appear that another site
mentioned on yours: http://badgerandblade.com/ has a lot more
information on it (and a lot more activity). I'd check them out for
custom brushes.

Pablo.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Of course, Pablo!
We have just started, they have been around for years. Anad there is also
www.shavemyface.com, which is an even better site.
You are always welcome to our site www.razorandbrush.com and we are planning
a showcase of custom turned brushes!
send us pictures and a description of your brushes and we'll publish them as
part of our showcase.
Take care,
Giovanni

ups.com...