Default another handmade wooden PC

http://blogga.ru/2005/09/12/wooden_comp/

BillyBob

wrote in message
ups.com...
http://blogga.ru/2005/09/12/wooden_comp/

true boredom. I can see a wooden Harley but a PC??????

Bob

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:45:06 GMT, "BillyBob"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://blogga.ru/2005/09/12/wooden_comp/

true boredom. I can see a wooden Harley but a PC??????

Bob

while a wooden motorcycle would be very cool, I suspect that there
would be some serious engineering difficulties involved in making one
that could handle the stresses of normal riding.

A PC is more like furniture, in that we all have one in our house.
beige boxes don't necessarily work with everyone's decor- and neither
do macintosh disneyland colors.

the one I linked to is particularly well done, and made to work with
the owner's other furniture.

so no, it's not about boredom.
Mike Berger

Fantastic! It's a great blend of new and old technologies.

s wrote:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:45:06 GMT, "BillyBob"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://blogga.ru/2005/09/12/wooden_comp/

true boredom. I can see a wooden Harley but a PC??????

Bob

while a wooden motorcycle would be very cool, I suspect that there
would be some serious engineering difficulties involved in making one
that could handle the stresses of normal riding.

One fellow I saw working at the WW club in Vienna, VA (since moved
to Springfield) was restoring a wooden automobile. It appeared that
at least some of the frame was wood.

--

FF

On 13 Sep 2005 11:27:39 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:45:06 GMT, "BillyBob"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://blogga.ru/2005/09/12/wooden_comp/

true boredom. I can see a wooden Harley but a PC??????

Bob

while a wooden motorcycle would be very cool, I suspect that there
would be some serious engineering difficulties involved in making one
that could handle the stresses of normal riding.

One fellow I saw working at the WW club in Vienna, VA (since moved
to Springfield) was restoring a wooden automobile. It appeared that
at least some of the frame was wood.

considering that automobiles are adapted from wagons, this is not
surprising. I'd even be unsurprised to learn that there were early
motorcycles with wooden frame components, though I've never heard of
one. early motor vehicles were low performance, low horsepower
devices. a wooden motorcycle with more than say, 5 HP. *would*
surprise me.
Lee Michaels

wrote

considering that automobiles are adapted from wagons, this is not
surprising. I'd even be unsurprised to learn that there were early
motorcycles with wooden frame components, though I've never heard of
one. early motor vehicles were low performance, low horsepower
devices. a wooden motorcycle with more than say, 5 HP. *would*
surprise me.

I grew up on a farm where almost all the farm equipment was originally horse
drawn. It had all been converted over to be drawn with a tractor. Our manure
wagon had a big steel seat on it mounted on a huge hunk of bent steel that
worked as a great shock absorber-spring.

We actually had people who wanted to ride our manure wagon because they
wanted to experience a little bit of horse drawn technology nostalgia.

All the equipment had metal wheels, no rubber tires. The wheels were all
steel.

BillyBob

wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:45:06 GMT, "BillyBob"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://blogga.ru/2005/09/12/wooden_comp/

true boredom. I can see a wooden Harley but a PC??????

Bob

while a wooden motorcycle would be very cool, I suspect that there
would be some serious engineering difficulties involved in making one
that could handle the stresses of normal riding.

A PC is more like furniture, in that we all have one in our house.
beige boxes don't necessarily work with everyone's decor- and neither
do macintosh disneyland colors.

the one I linked to is particularly well done, and made to work with
the owner's other furniture.

so no, it's not about boredom.

I didn't mean your post was boring. I meant the maker must have been bored
to have chosen the subject. I did not realize it was actual working PC. I
thought it was an art object. My reference to the Harley was meant as an art
object - replica. I've seen such a thing and it looked like it should be in
the Smithsonian.

Bob

Odinn

On 9/12/2005 7:45 PM BillyBob mumbled something about the following:
wrote in message
ups.com...

http://blogga.ru/2005/09/12/wooden_comp/

true boredom. I can see a wooden Harley but a PC??????

Bob

Hey now, you've given me an idea. Full scale wooden Harley painted just
like my real Harley for my grandson to play on.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net