deeny

Default FS Beautiful handmade wooden paddleboat..... Check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

This finely crafted boat is handmade by a toymaker in Chester County
Pennsylvania using five different species of wood. Each level of the
boat is glued and pegged, then coated with five coats of high gloss
polyurethane, which makes this a very durable toy. When the rubberband
powered oak paddle is wound, the boat will slowly paddle the length of
a bathtub. This beautiful paddleboat measures 10 inches long, 5 1/2
inches wide, and 6 inches high. It makes for a delightful interactive
toy.

Edwin Pawlowski

"deeny" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.&ss...e=STRK:MESE:IT

This finely crafted boat is handmade by a toymaker in Chester County
Pennsylvania using five different species of wood.

Hey Deeny,
We've already checked it out. Some of us have copied it and made our own.
This is not the place to post your stuff for sale every couple of days.

Mark & Juanita

On 22 Jan 2005 18:29:32 -0800, "deeny" wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Dang, you are insisting upon becoming a pest, aren't you?

This finely crafted boat is handmade by a toymaker in Chester County

OK, "finely crafted" is definitely stretching things here. Take a gander
into abpw and look at Tom Planman's staircase prototype: *that* is finely
crafted (with no quotes -- it ain't a hypothetical statement).

More accurate words for the boat: "hand made", "nostalgic", "toy from the
past" etc. "finely crafted" -- uh uh.

Pennsylvania using five different species of wood. Each level of the
boat is glued and pegged, then coated with five coats of high gloss
polyurethane,

"finely crafted" and 5 coats of poly?

which makes this a very durable toy. When the rubberband
powered oak paddle is wound, the boat will slowly paddle the length of
a bathtub.

I'm sure it's a fun toy -- I'm also sure people here appreciate your
posting something that will provide inspiration for a means of using some
of our scraps.

This beautiful paddleboat measures 10 inches long, 5 1/2
inches wide, and 6 inches high. It makes for a delightful interactive
toy.

Again, I'm sure people also appreciate the dimensions -- that's quite
helpful.

Unisaw A100

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
Woo hoo! Bidding's up to 23 cents! Don't spend it all in one place.

We're alla the way to US $0.44 as of this writing.

What is really telling is it's taken 6 bids to get it there.

UA100, who wonders, with all the pennies being thrown at the
thing, do you think the finish will be damaged?...

Paul Kierstead

Eddie Munster wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks it's a joke?

Not really. It is actually a nice wooden toy in the tradition of old
wooden toys and may provide good entertainment for the odd child who
still knows about tugs. What is wildly out-of-line of course is the
description. Ya get the feeling that the person read some article about
descriptions on eBay (or even general marketing) and took it all too
seriously and out of place. I actually feel kinda bad for them.

PK

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

mac davis

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:38:07 -0500, "Buddy Matlosz"
wrote:

damn! must be over the reserve price by now...

Woo hoo! Bidding's up to 23 cents! Don't spend it all in one place.

B.

"deeny" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

This finely crafted boat is handmade by a toymaker in Chester County
Pennsylvania using five different species of wood. Each level of the
boat is glued and pegged, then coated with five coats of high gloss
polyurethane, which makes this a very durable toy. When the rubberband
powered oak paddle is wound, the boat will slowly paddle the length of
a bathtub. This beautiful paddleboat measures 10 inches long, 5 1/2
inches wide, and 6 inches high. It makes for a delightful interactive
toy.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing