Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Positive Pressure Mask and Shield

I seem to have developed a lung problem and I must get and 'use' a good
filter mask. I guess the type that delivers positive air pressure would be
what I need. Can anyone recommend a brand name of one available in Canada?
Also, what should I be looking at for cost.
Thanks.
--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Tom Storey wrote:
I seem to have developed a lung problem and I must get and 'use' a good
filter mask. I guess the type that delivers positive air pressure would be
what I need. Can anyone recommend a brand name of one available in Canada?
Also, what should I be looking at for cost.
Thanks.

Tom, check out Island woodturning in Comox.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Tom Storey wrote:
I seem to have developed a lung problem and I must get and 'use' a good
filter mask. I guess the type that delivers positive air pressure would be
what I need. Can anyone recommend a brand name of one available in Canada?
Also, what should I be looking at for cost.
Thanks.
--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

A hood type mask providing a clean filtered air is certainly more
comfortable but there are a number of filter masks that would work for
you, depending on how much breathing effort you can deal with.

The one I use has replaceable filter papers and has what they call an
exhalation valve. Different papers for different particle types and
sizes.

The mask was less than $20 and filters run about $10 for three for a
fine wood and cement dust.

Any builders supply store should be able to advise you.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

if you are protecting your health, I'd seriously consider the 3-M airmate
helmet - it's not cheap (about $600 US), but it's a lot cheaper than a stay
in the hospital - and it's available in canada. I sold an older one via
e-bay for much less than new, you may wish to look there as well.

"Tom Storey" wrote in message
I seem to have developed a lung problem and I must get and 'use' a good
filter mask. I guess the type that delivers positive air pressure would be
what I need. Can anyone recommend a brand name of one available in Canada?
Also, what should I be looking at for cost.
Thanks.
--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article KlDph.612292$1T2.60980@pd7urf2no,
Ralph Fedorak wrote:

Tom Storey wrote:
I seem to have developed a lung problem and I must get and 'use' a good
filter mask. I guess the type that delivers positive air pressure would be
what I need. Can anyone recommend a brand name of one available in Canada?
Also, what should I be looking at for cost.
Thanks.

Tom, check out Island woodturning in Comox.

Specifically the 3M listed before, or the Trend (which is what I use)
or the Triton.
BTW, Island hacked me off, I was at Nanoose and had the afternoon off,
so I drove up to Comox, to discover that they had closed for a show in
Victoria, and failed to note their closure on the web-site. A two hour
drive for naught.
PS, Tom, touch bases with Mike Orr (here on this group), he is local
(Nanamimo) and might have more local guidance.

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I have and am happy with the Trend Airshield. I did make an ac adaptor
which allows me to run it from a power supply rarther than the batteries.