Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Homemade Oneway Lookalike lathe

Quite a while ago I saw a website where a guy (with the help of a frind
who happens to work in metal fab shop) built a oneway looalike lathe.
The process was fairly well documented and described.
I was hoping that someone here knew who this was and what the URL of
his website is.
I had it bookmarked, but a total hard drive meltdown in july took care
that.
I have been trying different combinations of search terms on Google for
the last 45 minutes and have had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Roman

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Wasn't Tom Plamann's site by chance? It doesn't look just like a Oneway but
it is big.

http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/lathe/view_all.nhtml

If this isn't the one you had in mind, Tom's site is well worth surfing
anyway. This guy does incredible work.

RonB

"Roman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Quite a while ago I saw a website where a guy (with the help of a frind
who happens to work in metal fab shop) built a oneway looalike lathe.
The process was fairly well documented and described.
I was hoping that someone here knew who this was and what the URL of
his website is.
I had it bookmarked, but a total hard drive meltdown in july took care
that.
I have been trying different combinations of search terms on Google for
the last 45 minutes and have had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Roman

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Roman wrote:
: Quite a while ago I saw a website where a guy (with the help of a frind
: who happens to work in metal fab shop) built a oneway looalike lathe.
: The process was fairly well documented and described.
: I was hoping that someone here knew who this was and what the URL of
: his website is.
: I had it bookmarked, but a total hard drive meltdown in july took care
: that.
: I have been trying different combinations of search terms on Google for
: the last 45 minutes and have had no luck.

: Any help would be appreciated.

I'm 90% positive it was either Keith Bohn or Joe Johns. I remember
the website, and there was some discussion toward the end of the paint
color. Does this ring a bell?

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Andrew Barss wrote:
Roman wrote:
: Quite a while ago I saw a website where a guy (with the help of a frind
: who happens to work in metal fab shop) built a oneway looalike lathe.
: The process was fairly well documented and described.
: I was hoping that someone here knew who this was and what the URL of
: his website is.
: I had it bookmarked, but a total hard drive meltdown in july took care
: that.
: I have been trying different combinations of search terms on Google for
: the last 45 minutes and have had no luck.

: Any help would be appreciated.

I'm 90% positive it was either Keith Bohn or Joe Johns. I remember
the website, and there was some discussion toward the end of the paint
color. Does this ring a bell?

-- Andy Barss

THank you. It is Joe Johns Site. A truly impressive effort to biuld a
very nice lathe.

I knew that someone on teh board would have the answer to this...

Roman

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Well what was the site I would be interested in looking at it
Steven Raphael
Ithaca MI
http://www.geocities.com/steven_raph...turnings1.html

"Roman" wrote in message
oups.com...

Andrew Barss wrote:
Roman wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Steven Raphael" wrote in message
Well what was the site I would be interested in looking at it
Steven Raphael
Ithaca MI

http://www.twistedknotwoodshop.com/lathe.htm

(I think...)

-- Mark

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message

"Steven Raphael" wrote in message
Well what was the site I would be interested in looking at it
Steven Raphael
Ithaca MI

http://www.twistedknotwoodshop.com/lathe.htm

(I think...)

-- Mark

Ah, this page.
http://www.twistedknotwoodshop.com/lathe2.htm

-- Mark

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Mark Jerde wrote:
"Mark Jerde" wrote in message

"Steven Raphael" wrote in message
Well what was the site I would be interested in looking at it
Steven Raphael
Ithaca MI

http://www.twistedknotwoodshop.com/lathe.htm

(I think...)

-- Mark

Ah, this page.
http://www.twistedknotwoodshop.com/lathe2.htm

-- Mark

Thanks, Mark, for posting the link. I was away from the computer for a
while.

Roman