Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Time Waits for No One

Zebrawood Wall Clock. Quilted Maple face.
Yea, it was made on a lathe. 9" diameter - 1.5" depth.
French Polish (Shellac) Finish, Glass Face.

http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...allClock01.jpg

It was interesting mounting/reversing this thing.
Just a weird idea...

Greg G.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Greg G. wrote:
Zebrawood Wall Clock. Quilted Maple face.
Yea, it was made on a lathe. 9" diameter - 1.5" depth.
French Polish (Shellac) Finish, Glass Face.

http://webpages.charter.net/videodoc...allClock01.jpg

It was interesting mounting/reversing this thing.
Just a weird idea...

Greg G.

Greg, that's really kinda cool!

rm
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

BobMac said:

Greg G. wrote:
Zebrawood Wall Clock. Quilted Maple face.

Greg, that's really kinda cool!

Thanks. The roomy's first comment was "it should have have been
larger", and she might be right. But I'm not sure what I would fill
the large, empty expanse of blank faceplate with, thus the quilted
maple. Since, for me, it's all about the wood, anything contrived I
think to place there comes off as chintzy.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Greg G. said:

Since, for me, it's all about the wood, anything contrived I
think to place there comes off as chintzy.

In retrospect, perhaps I should have said chintzier. :-\

Never having known anyone who turned wood, it's all new(s) to me...
I'd never even seen a turned piece in person before buying a mini.
I'm a blank (or is that empty) slate. An unturned blank, an
undiscovered pony, a log which has slowly spalted from lying on the
earth; teaming with microorganisms which etch and stain the very
fibres of my substance... Yea, I know... ;-)

Greg G.

I AM GOD: THE TIME HAS COME TO ACKNOWLEDGE MY MASTERHOOD OVER MAN Raymond Karczewski Home Repair 11 August 30th 06 05:05 PM
How do I DIY my time Cameron UK diy 14 May 12th 06 10:12 PM
OT - $87 Billion Moore Cliff Huprich Metalworking 142 July 26th 04 08:19 PM