Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default aaarrrghh - speaking of stupid mistakes

I have been slowly making a prototype giant spur drive to send to a fellow
turner for testing - it's an excuse to play with my mill and learn how to
use it- well, there were plenty of learning experiences, but here's one I
did't expect - when I got done, I discovered I'd made a giant spur drive for
reverse turning only - in other words, the slope of the kife blades was
backwards - grrrr - I guess there really are times when a drawing would
help. But, at least I now have an extra box full of metal shavings to mix
with the wood shavings......

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email