Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Bill is offline

Default aaarrrghh - speaking of stupid mistakes

yes, your suggestion is what I did - I cut a flat on the incorrectly beveled
side and then put a bevel on the flat side - it looks somewhat (well, it
looks totally) pathetic, but it may actually work. I'm not making another
one in that style, that's for sure - it just took waaaaaay to long to cut
out all that metal - but that and some discussion on another group has given
me another (maybe not better, we shall see) idea for a spur drive that can
screw on - we shall see if that is any better.....
"Arch" wrote in message
Hi Bill, I see that "learning how to use it" meant you were learning
how to use this particular machine, not learning how to mill. I thought
you probably had a small homeshop mill. My fixtures are for a small
vertical Clausing and a small horizontal Atlas. Could you put a double
bevel on the spurs or would that just change it into a drill bit? I hate
to give up.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter