Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
newsreader

Default Unwanted Black Walnut trees

I have quite a few good size Black Walnut tree on the property I moved
to recently. I'm an avid gardener, and these trees & their plant killing
toxins ( and messy nuts & branches) just don't fit into my current &
future landscape plans. Someone on the rec.garden newsgroup suggested I
look for a local woodworker or carver who might be interested in
removing the trees to use the wood.
The 2 biggest trees are probably about 2' diameter at the base, and
taller than my 2 story with attic house. 2 more are about 18" @ base.

Any suggestions where to look for such a person, other than usenet?
I'm located in Howard Co, MD

David
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mike vore

newsreader wrote:
I have quite a few good size Black Walnut tree on the property I moved
to recently. I'm an avid gardener, and these trees & their plant killing
toxins ( and messy nuts & branches) just don't fit into my current &
future landscape plans. Someone on the rec.garden newsgroup suggested I
look for a local woodworker or carver who might be interested in
removing the trees to use the wood.
The 2 biggest trees are probably about 2' diameter at the base, and
taller than my 2 story with attic house. 2 more are about 18" @ base.

Any suggestions where to look for such a person, other than usenet?
I'm located in Howard Co, MD

David

David,
If you'd used a real, usable email address you might get some answers.
There are a few turners in HoCo and 4 chapters of AAW within easy reach. Give
me a real email address and I'll get in touch with you.

mike

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
newsreader

mike vore wrote:
newsreader wrote:
[...]

Sorry for the fake id, too much spam from usenet without it.
Remove capitals & send to

Black Walnut Branch - Sometimes You Get Lucky charlie b Woodturning 6 November 22nd 05 04:48 PM
cheap black walnut in NJ [email protected] Woodworking 1 June 6th 05 12:31 AM
Help with Watco Black Walnut Danish Oil SawDust Woodworking 10 January 2nd 05 02:54 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Black Walnut Bowl Blank/Predestination ? ? ? Barry N. Turner Woodturning 15 September 22nd 04 06:36 AM