Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default cheap black walnut in NJ

Google wasn't allowing me to post a followup to the original thread
(too old I think) so I'm posting the followup under this new title.
Please see the link below for the old thread.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...165176a358966b

For those who followed the thread, the tree is now down.
Thank you Jerry and others who offered contacts who might be willing to
remove it for free in exchange for the timber. As it turns out, I paid
the local company to remove it because it was a delicate job. Cost a
bunch, but it was safely and neatly done. As one poster suggested, I
did not have the logs removed. Instead, I had them cut into the largest
pieces that I could reasonably have lying around. Hence I now have
about 6 20"+ diam. 6-8 ft long black walnut logs. All straight, all in
good shape. Anybody interested? It will take 4 strong men to lift a
single log and put in a pickup truck. If you cut them up, obviously
less manpower needed, but that would be a shame. I live in Northern NJ,
near Morristown. Looking to sell cheap and recoup some of my felling
expense. How about some woodworking equipment in trade? I will help as
much as I can, but you really need at least 3 -4 strong guys and a very
heavy pickup, if you want them whole.

Steve

Black Walnut fuzz Sherfey's Woodturning 17 January 29th 05 10:55 PM
Is black walnut a good turning wood? Reggie Woodturning 15 January 10th 05 03:52 PM
black walnut Reggie Woodturning 1 January 8th 05 04:42 PM
available cheap black walnut (not spam) [email protected] Woodworking 10 January 4th 05 04:36 PM
Black Walnut Bowl Blank/Predestination ? ? ? Barry N. Turner Woodturning 15 September 22nd 04 06:36 AM