Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Cleary

Default Nova DVR Lathe

Does anyone know anything about this lathe?

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Harry Pye

Kevin,

Does anyone know anything about this lathe?

I bought one last fall. If you have specific questions, contact me
off-line and I'll try to help. BTW, mine is not the very latest model.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Henry

I bought mine about 2 years ago. love it. There are a lot out there.
"Harry Pye" wrote in message
groups.com...
Kevin,

Does anyone know anything about this lathe?

I bought one last fall. If you have specific questions, contact me
off-line and I'll try to help. BTW, mine is not the very latest model.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

"Harry Pye" wrote in message
groups.com...
Kevin,

Does anyone know anything about this lathe?

I bought one last fall. If you have specific questions, contact me
off-line and I'll try to help. BTW, mine is not the very latest model.

Neither having mentioned it - http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners/ and read
between the lines or ask. The direct drive seems a nice feature, but too
complicated for me.

Other thing is the price, which is closing in on a 3520.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg

In article , "George" George@least

Neither having mentioned it - http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners/ and read
between the lines or ask. The direct drive seems a nice feature, but too
complicated for me.

Other thing is the price, which is closing in on a 3520.

I suppose that $2200 (US list) vrs $3200 (US list) is "closing in" to
some, but not me.
Street prices can be as low as $1900 (I got mine for that price two
weeks ago)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg

In article 3gN8g.1034$U25.69@trndny09,
"Kevin Cleary" wrote:

Does anyone know anything about this lathe?

Well, I got my DVR-XP two weeks ago and have limited experience with it
(to date)

*Both units that arrived on the truck (in this order) had shipping
damage, we suspect it was Carrier caused. Mine was minor (tail-stock out
of alignment), the other, wasn't.

*There was some minor QA issues (tool rests didn't fit, despite the QA
stamp that they did).

*The Vendor (WoodChips), US Distributor and Factory have been very
proactive in resolving any issues that resulted from the above (I got a
phone call from New Zealand)

*Once the above issues were resolved, I have been very impressed with
the Lathe

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

"Ralph E Lindberg" wrote in message
In article , "George" George@least
wrote:

..

Neither having mentioned it - http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners/ and read
between the lines or ask. The direct drive seems a nice feature, but too
complicated for me.

Other thing is the price, which is closing in on a 3520.

I suppose that $2200 (US list) vrs $3200 (US list) is "closing in" to
some, but not me.
Street prices can be as low as $1900 (I got mine for that price two
weeks ago)

http://www.southern-tool.com/store/p..._20_lathe.html

Closer than you think, and freight included.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder

I've had a Nova DVR 3000 since about six months after they hit the market in the
United States. We were in the process of moving or I would have had it earlier.
So that was about July 2001 if I remember right. It is one of the best lathes
that I've ever turned on. The report from my friend in New Zealand, who has had
an original DVR even longer than I, says that the new xp version is even better
than the old model. Lyn M. did an extensive three or four part review in More
Woodturning when he got his. Our reviews started at about the same issue, but
his was in much greater depth than mine.

I would not hesitate to purchase one if I were in the market for a lathe.
Incidentally, the price is around $2100 US Dollars, but you can run up the price
by buying cast iron legs, bed extensions, and outboard turning attachments. Mine
has been setting on a stand built from 2" x 6" fir lumber with a box in the base
containing several hundred pounds of railroad skips and other metal scrap. I
built that stand for my Nova 3000 several years ago. The Nova 3000 simply lifted
off and the Nova DVR bolted into place with the same holes. The vibration is
minimal to non existant.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article 3gN8g.1034$U25.69@trndny09, Kevin Cleary says...

Does anyone know anything about this lathe?

Nova Lathe group buy Ralph E Lindberg Woodworking 2 December 1st 05 01:30 PM
Nova Lathe group buy Ralph E Lindberg Woodturning 2 December 1st 05 01:30 PM
Rikon Lathe David Pugh Woodturning 2 October 29th 05 06:30 AM
WTB - Nova 3000 lathe Rob McConachie Woodturning 17 September 10th 04 04:31 PM
Different versions of the Nova DVR 3000? william kossack Woodturning 17 January 30th 04 06:23 AM