Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder

Default Nova DVR Lathe

I've had a Nova DVR 3000 since about six months after they hit the market in the
United States. We were in the process of moving or I would have had it earlier.
So that was about July 2001 if I remember right. It is one of the best lathes
that I've ever turned on. The report from my friend in New Zealand, who has had
an original DVR even longer than I, says that the new xp version is even better
than the old model. Lyn M. did an extensive three or four part review in More
Woodturning when he got his. Our reviews started at about the same issue, but
his was in much greater depth than mine.

I would not hesitate to purchase one if I were in the market for a lathe.
Incidentally, the price is around $2100 US Dollars, but you can run up the price
by buying cast iron legs, bed extensions, and outboard turning attachments. Mine
has been setting on a stand built from 2" x 6" fir lumber with a box in the base
containing several hundred pounds of railroad skips and other metal scrap. I
built that stand for my Nova 3000 several years ago. The Nova 3000 simply lifted
off and the Nova DVR bolted into place with the same holes. The vibration is
minimal to non existant.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article 3gN8g.1034$U25.69@trndny09, Kevin Cleary says...

Does anyone know anything about this lathe?