Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Thomas Clark

Default Mini Lathe Drill Chuck?

I've got a Jet Mini Lathe and would like to find some info on getting a
drill chuck for it. Not only to drill holes but to mount some other things
in it like this drill mandrel:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/pkdcm1916.html

Any Ideas where I might find a drill chuck?

Thanks

Thomas Clark
Harmony Hearts

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hi Thomas

Right there on the same page you found the drill mandrel.

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/tm32.html

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Thomas, I'm a closet Harbor Freight customer and I've had good service
from their $9.00 #2 MT keyed Jacobs chuck.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Old Grey

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 02:42:46 GMT, "Thomas Clark"
wrote:

Harbor Freight sells one for about $10. If you only need it for a few
things now and then it is not a bad chuck.

Allyn
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On 11 Mar 2006 21:22:45 -0800, "
wrote:

Hi Thomas

Right there on the same page you found the drill mandrel.

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/tm32.html

damn, you beat me to it again, Leo.. *rofl*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Thomas Clark

Well, Gee! I looked and even did several searches for drill chucks and
nothing came up on thier web site.
I was wondering why they wouldn't have one.

I'll have to put together an order and get a few pen kits while I'm at it.

Thanks.
Thomas Clark
Harmony Hearts

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 00:49:48 GMT, "Thomas Clark"
wrote:

Well, Gee! I looked and even did several searches for drill chucks and
nothing came up on thier web site.
I was wondering why they wouldn't have one.

I'll have to put together an order and get a few pen kits while I'm at it.

Thanks.
Thomas Clark
Harmony Hearts

you had to mention pens...

I've been resisting them for years... got a bunch of hardwood on a gloat but it
was all 4/4 or thinner, so my wife bought out Penn State Ind. and got me into
pen turning... what a PITA for 5 minutes of turning! *lol*