Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default My Current Limit -Getting a Handle on It

I just can't seem to get the right combination together to produce a good
handle joint. This was another attempt at lapping, which is not as good, I
think, as making the attachment areas flat.

Perhaps after a bit of reconsideration and hints, I might grow past it.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d160/G...y-My-Limit.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Moshe Eshel

I'd love to hear and see the results of your continuing experiments, it
is something I wondered about doing but never actualy tried... The cup
is nice though :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:29:25 -0500, "George" George@least wrote:

I just can't seem to get the right combination together to produce a good
handle joint. This was another attempt at lapping, which is not as good, I
think, as making the attachment areas flat.

Perhaps after a bit of reconsideration and hints, I might grow past it.

http://photobucket.com/albums/d160/G...y-My-Limit.jpg

No idea how to do it, George, but a suggestion: (works very well for me)

Go do something else for a bit and let your subconscious work on it.. you'll
find a pleasing combination...

Very familiar wood in the pretty cup.. you taking all of Susan's firewood?
Mac
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

"mac davis" wrote in message
Very familiar wood in the pretty cup.. you taking all of Susan's firewood?

Soft maple, this time only spalted a bit rather than waterlogged.

It was 40 yesterday, so we're really saving on wood.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:05:18 -0500, "George" George@least wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
Very familiar wood in the pretty cup.. you taking all of Susan's firewood?

Soft maple, this time only spalted a bit rather than waterlogged.

It was 40 yesterday, so we're really saving on wood.

we're having a heat wave here... been in the upper 50's and lower 60's for about
a week... the shop was 65 tonight..
Mac

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Hmmm....

Down here in sunny South Texas it was 81. Expecting cooler (high 75)
tomorrow, and by Saturday high of 70.

Maybe the warmest winter in our recorded history. Only hit freezing
twice this whole winter.

Sigh. This usually means a gawdawful hot summer with low 100s and
drought.

Robert

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate

Last week it was C11 (call it F50), right now we have a foot of snow on the
ground at C-2 (F28)(the storm missed us) and Saturday calls for C8 (F46) and
rain. This is one weird winter or fall or whatever. Last week I could find
the wood pile and this week I assume the snow pile in the middle needs to be
bowls. On the other hand I have little time to turn right now so the indoor
stockpile should do for next year or two.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hmmm....

Down here in sunny South Texas it was 81. Expecting cooler (high 75)
tomorrow, and by Saturday high of 70.

Maybe the warmest winter in our recorded history. Only hit freezing
twice this whole winter.

Sigh. This usually means a gawdawful hot summer with low 100s and
drought.

Robert

====================

The cool front came thru today during the 11:00 AM news. Temp in Austin was
55', in San Antonio, 72'.

You forgot about the big problem with the lack of freezing nites; insects!

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Ken Moon wrote:

You forgot about the big problem with the lack of freezing nites;
insects!

Man oh, man. We haven't had a mosquito around here in SA for so long I
forgot what they look like. (However, a quick trip to Houston to see
my family will remind me.. theirs are the size of quarters..)

I am just thinking after your post, it may be time for our "once every
few years" cricket plague that we get.

Come on hard freeze!!!

Robert

Flywheel on a rotary phase convertor Christopher Tidy Metalworking 114 January 10th 06 06:02 AM
warning about lever handle style door locks PipeDown Home Repair 9 January 4th 06 08:53 PM
sequence of tripping CB Sam UK diy 13 March 24th 04 09:24 AM
Nails Approved as Handle Ties Peter H. Metalworking 5 January 20th 04 02:16 AM
Phase converter balancing Karl Townsend Metalworking 7 July 13th 03 12:48 AM