Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Default I have a date!

Greetings all

No, not that kind of a date! We have finally solidified a date for filming
the next video. Once again I will be packing up my lathe and transporting
it to a secret location in the mountains of Maryland for a couple of days of
filming fun. All this is scheduled to happen in March. I wil make more
announcements as information about the video is available.

Since I am posting, I still have a few copies of the first DVD left. ;-)
If you are interested, you can read about it at:

www.wonderfulwood.com/dvd.html

I would also like to take this opportunity to all of you who made this video
thing successful for me with your support, both in dollars spent and in
encouraging words. We made it, but you bought it, and it is your support
which has made it possible for us to do another. Thank you.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com
www.enter.net/~ultradad

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:15:45 -0500, "Bill Grumbine"
wrote:

Greetings all

No, not that kind of a date! We have finally solidified a date for filming
the next video. Once again I will be packing up my lathe and transporting
it to a secret location in the mountains of Maryland for a couple of days of
filming fun. All this is scheduled to happen in March. I wil make more
announcements as information about the video is available.

Since I am posting, I still have a few copies of the first DVD left. ;-)
If you are interested, you can read about it at:

www.wonderfulwood.com/dvd.html

I would also like to take this opportunity to all of you who made this video
thing successful for me with your support, both in dollars spent and in
encouraging words. We made it, but you bought it, and it is your support
which has made it possible for us to do another. Thank you.

hmm... check with Homeland Security before smuggling that lathe in your baggage,
Bill...

Looking forward to the DVD, any idea of the subject/focus of this one yet?

Mac
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Hi Mac

Nothing is set in stone yet, but it is looking like we will be doing natural
edges, wings, and hopefully some coring on this one. I have a lot of votes
for hollow forms, but that will probably be #3 - if #2 does as well as #1
that is.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com
www.enter.net/~ultradad

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Don

Bill Looking forward to gettting your next project dvd
Don Eburg ,Wa.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:21:13 -0500, "Bill Grumbine"
wrote:

Hi Mac

Nothing is set in stone yet, but it is looking like we will be doing natural
edges, wings, and hopefully some coring on this one. I have a lot of votes
for hollow forms, but that will probably be #3 - if #2 does as well as #1
that is.

I think you're on the right track, Bill..

IMO, hollow forms is an art form of itself and you're either really into it or
it doesn't apply to your turning...

Maybe a bit on grain orientation.. end/cross/diag. would fit in with the setup?

Price it in line with the 1st one and I'll buy it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Thanks for the suggestions Mac. I am listening to everything people have to
say at this point, so as to make it as useful as possible.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com
www.enter.net/~ultradad

wrote:

Hi Mac

Nothing is set in stone yet, but it is looking like we will be doing
natural
edges, wings, and hopefully some coring on this one. I have a lot of
votes
for hollow forms, but that will probably be #3 - if #2 does as well as #1
that is.

I think you're on the right track, Bill..

IMO, hollow forms is an art form of itself and you're either really into
it or
it doesn't apply to your turning...

Maybe a bit on grain orientation.. end/cross/diag. would fit in with the
setup?

Price it in line with the 1st one and I'll buy it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Thanks Don. I will be sure to announce it here. ;-)

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com