Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default I'm no Pepy's, but here's my Florida Symposium weekend.

Somehow, chilly overcast days seem colder and darker in Florida, so we
came home Sunday afternoon and saved the mini vacation for another day.

Enjoyed my fourth Florida Symposium esp. laughing & scratching with old
friends and meeting & greeting...and eating with new ones. The
facilities were fine and the demos were interesting and well done, tho
the auction seemed interminable. Of course I realize that financial
support is necessary, but drawn out auctions are not my cup of tea. I
escaped and watched the football play offs, not that I was missed or
that anybody cared. I'll never tell who else chose games over the
auction. You know who you are and who's teams won and who suffered the
agony of defeat.

There was a gallery piece that I think employed holography for an
interesting effect; the lid that wasn't there. No intent to start a
'traditional vs innovational' brouhaha, but have any of you ever
incorporated holograms in your turned objects? With so many
photographers and inventive scientific people among us, I should think
so.

As usual, I got excited about something I knew nothing about and have
found a paperback primer and a 'how to do it' book on three dimensional
objective illusions. Fascinating stuff to me, but ain't the zeal of
someone who has suddenly made a late discovery tiresome?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Nie

Naw, Arch, it's closer to inspiring. I rediscovered motorcycles at 60 and
found woodturning at 63 and ??? at 83 I hope. Zeal and enthusiasm are like
strawberries versus bland. It shows some involvement in life instead of
passing time until passing.

TomNie