Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
RandyD

Default Thanx Bill Grumbine

A few weeks before Christmas I was watching the "Turned Bowls Made
Easy" DVD. My Wife was half watching ( or so I thought ) and I
commented how nice the finish turned out on your bowls. Well we were
opening gifts on Christmas and sure enough my wonderful Wife got me
the Beall buffing system

This morning I rewatched the DVD and headed to the shop to buff up
a few pieces. They came out beautiful. When I showed them to my Wife
she loved them. Then she asked, " what kind of lathe does Bill use.!!!
Could there be a Poolewood in my future !!!!

Thanx

RandyD
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Grumbine

Hi Randy

I am glad to hear the DVD got you some goodies for Christmas, and that the
Beall is working out well for you. The bad news is, Poolewoods like mine
are no longer available unless you want to pay two or three times what they
cost new, since they are now collector's items. ;-) The good news is, we
are getting ready (and have been trying for some time now) to shoot a second
video. In it I will be featuring my other big lathe, which is a Vega 2600
bowl lathe. It is current, and made in the US of A.

--
Bill

Bill Grumbine
www.wonderfulwood.com
www.enter.net/~ultradad

"RandyD" wrote in message
A few weeks before Christmas I was watching the "Turned Bowls Made
Easy" DVD. My Wife was half watching ( or so I thought ) and I
commented how nice the finish turned out on your bowls. Well we were
opening gifts on Christmas and sure enough my wonderful Wife got me
the Beall buffing system

This morning I rewatched the DVD and headed to the shop to buff up
a few pieces. They came out beautiful. When I showed them to my Wife
she loved them. Then she asked, " what kind of lathe does Bill use.!!!
Could there be a Poolewood in my future !!!!

Thanx

RandyD

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
RandyD

Hi Bill

Sad situation with the Poolewoods. But really glad to hear the new
DVD is moving forward. I'm really looking forward to it If available
I'll make sure to have a copy for hints for next christmas ;-)

Good Luck with the DVD.

RandyD
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:19:05 -0500, RandyD wrote:

A few weeks before Christmas I was watching the "Turned Bowls Made
Easy" DVD. My Wife was half watching ( or so I thought ) and I
commented how nice the finish turned out on your bowls. Well we were
opening gifts on Christmas and sure enough my wonderful Wife got me
the Beall buffing system

This morning I rewatched the DVD and headed to the shop to buff up
a few pieces. They came out beautiful. When I showed them to my Wife
she loved them. Then she asked, " what kind of lathe does Bill use.!!!
Could there be a Poolewood in my future !!!!

Thanx

RandyD

Randy.. The Beall is a great system, I love it...

and ya can't go wrong following Bill's lead... I wanna be like him when I grow
up. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
RandyD

Hey Mac

I agree , Bills my new role model !

The Beall buffs are a pleasure to work with. I think I'm gonna need to
try out the bowl buffs.

RandyD

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:53:05 -0500, RandyD wrote:

Hey Mac

I agree , Bills my new role model !

The Beall buffs are a pleasure to work with. I think I'm gonna need to
try out the bowl buffs.

RandyD

Me, too...

It's a shame to have a small bowl or goblet that is so pretty on the outside and
not buffed inside..

I got the goblet buffs from another company and was really disappointed in
them.. now shopping for the real (Beall) thing..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Saving $ on the gas bill DIYman Home Repair 10 December 2nd 05 12:56 PM
Why is my gas bill so high? Ideas? [email protected] Home Repair 22 September 2nd 05 04:06 PM
Electric Bill Dave UK diy 7 February 18th 05 10:54 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Bowl Turning DVD by Bill Grumbine WoodMangler Woodturning 9 December 6th 04 08:10 PM