Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Don Sforza

Default A question about chucks

Go easy on me... I'm new to turning, but getting hooked.

After about a year of turning pens and other "between center" things, I'm
ready to make the jump into other turning... bowls and the like. I began a
search for a chuck and I've narrowed my choices down. BTW, I bought a Penn
Industries Barracuda (not the B2), and it's going back today. I was really
diappointed in the fit of the jaws and the overall finish. I woudl have
jumped at a B2, but none are in stock. From the looks of the Barracuda, I
would have been buying another one in short order. I like to buy tools ONCE,
but I'm not opposed to saving a buck if the functionality is not
compromised.

So I'm thinking either a Oneway Talon with the extra set of small jaws or
the SuperNova. I currently have a Jet Mini, but will be looking to upgrade
in the next year. Prices seem comparable, but I'm looking for some of that
peer to peer banter of the relative merits of each.

Don

Morse Taper Question Frank McVey Woodturning 3 October 30th 04 05:49 PM
Yet another tub caulking question (sorry!) -this time about color MAG Home Repair 1 August 2nd 04 02:52 AM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM