Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default A question about chucks

Bertie Pittman wrote in message
news
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:36:43 -0500, Greg wrote:

Yeahbut, they don't make the SuperNova anymore. The replacement
SuperNova2 is a new animal that addresses your complaints. I would
not have bought the SN, but I DID pick the SN2 over the Talon, which
is certainly no slouch in the chucking department.

Greg,

Yes, they have addressed some of the problems with the newer model
SuperNova2, but not my main difficulty with the chuck, - which is,
you need to turn the handle counter-clockwise to tighten the chuck
when in the compression mode.

I suppose you have a problem with the left end of your grinder and the arbor
of your tablesaw, too? It's a left-hand-thread. No mystery. It's that
way because the folks who designed the chuck figured the thing would be used
predominantly in the expansion mode, where Lefty Lucy still works.

In case you'd like a new mnemonic, remember that Lefty Lucy doesn't spread
'em with Chuck.