Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
LandingCrafts

Default New Woodturning Retail Site

Announcing the grand opening of our new website, http://landingcrafts.com,
dedicated to providing a full range of woodturning equipment, accessories,
and supplies for craftspeople of all abilities. Whether you are a veteran
artisan or just starting out, you can select from an ever increasing variety
of lathes, chucks, tools, and accessories.

We're still working on the site and will continue to expand our merchandise
and product lines. Please visit and see what we have to start with. Let us
know what you think. Let us know how we can improve.

GRAND OPENING SPECIAL: To encourage the group to check us out, we are
offering a 10% discount on all purchases (except our already discounted
bundles). Just enter coupon code RCW10 on checkout.

LandingCrafts
http://landingcrafts.com
703-879-5655

Authorized Oneway Dealer

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Barnett

"Bill Gooch" writes:

I have a problem buying from somewhere that doesn't have a mailing address.

According to the domain registration, the name and address isn't
listed either. This site is purposely hiding their identity.

Perhaps the phone number is real, but the address is the same as their
hosting service 1and1.com

Phone: 877-206-4254

I would also not buy from them if they are afraid to give their name
and street address.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Moshe Eshel

Not meaning to judge here, but offering things that could be found in
any respectable store or online store (oneway is distributed by every
single store I know). And offering things that seem to be taken
directly out of the PSI catalog (http://www.pennstateind.com/) - just
for a higher price (10% doesn't make it equall). doesn't strike me as a
place where I would buy.

You have what to improve guys...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Derek Andrews

Bruce Barnett wrote:
I have a problem buying from somewhere that doesn't have a mailing address.

Using Paypal is a bit suspect too.

What is their USP? Certainly not an extensive selection of products!

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
http://chipshop.blogspot.com - a blog for my customers
http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com/TheToolrest/ - a blog for woodturners

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Rick

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:25:44 GMT, Derek Andrews
wrote:

Bruce Barnett wrote:
I have a problem buying from somewhere that doesn't have a mailing address.

Am I missing something, direct from their "Contact us" link:

Landing Crafts
6880 Commercial Dr. #42
Springfield, VA 22151

Email:

Using Paypal is a bit suspect too.

What is their USP? Certainly not an extensive selection of products!

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
LandingCrafts

That's actually the type of feedback I'm looking for so check again ... we
just added our address. Our web registration is private not because we are
hiding our identity. Just trying to foil spammers and domain hijackers,
futile as that might be.

As a reference ... we've been selling Oneway products on Ebay for a while.
You can check out our current listings (and feedback) on my Ebay store at
http://stores.ebay.com/Going-Bunkers. Oneway has told us our Ebay prices are
too low (they have asked us to sign a MAP policy) so we will soon have to
stop our Ebay listings. In it's place we offer discounts on our new web
site. Our prices are excellent. With the discount, a complete Talon package
including insert & #2 jaws would be $188. We guarantee this is the best
price you'll find.

If you have questions ... just give us a call or email us directly. I'm
sure we'll be able to ease both your mind and your wallet. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Purchased my Talon from them via eBay with great price and
service...I'll give them a try at their web site.

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Barnett

wrote:

Bruce Barnett wrote:
I have a problem buying from somewhere that doesn't have a mailing address.

Am I missing something, direct from their "Contact us" link:

This was added after our posts...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Chuck

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:01:07 -0500, "LandingCrafts"
wrote:

If you have questions ... just give us a call or email us directly. I'm
sure we'll be able to ease both your mind and your wallet. ;-)

Apropos of nothing really, I just read this as, "I'm sure we'll be
able to _erase_ both your mind and your wallet..." Glad I wasn't
drinking coffee.
--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

"Bill Gooch" wrote:

I have a problem buying from somewhere that doesn't have a mailing
address.

Right on the site:

Landing Crafts
6880 Commercial Dr. #42
Springfield, VA 22151

Email:

Not surprisingly, you click "Contact Us".
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mark Tetrault

In a recent message, "
opined:

Purchased my Talon from them via eBay with great price and
service...I'll give them a try at their web site.

Joe

I also purchased my Talon from them via Ebay and the item shipped quickly
and arrived as advertised.

I have no problems with them and would use them again.

Mark
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On 8 Dec 2005 18:42:19 -0800, "
wrote:

Purchased my Talon from them via eBay with great price and
service...I'll give them a try at their web site.

Joe

Well, I was going to order a Oneway Termite today, direct from Oneway... $79 us
plus shipping...

I decided to give landing Crafts a try... ordered the Termite... after the 10%
discount, the total was $73.65 with shipping...

Site seems clean, user friendly the shopping cart works well...
(sorry, occupational habit.. )

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Alun

Mike Berger wrote:
LandingCrafts wrote:

As a reference ... we've been selling Oneway products on Ebay for a
while. You can check out our current listings (and feedback) on my
Ebay store at http://stores.ebay.com/Going-Bunkers. Oneway has told us
our Ebay prices are too low (they have asked us to sign a MAP policy)
so we will soon have to stop our Ebay listings.

Isn't that an illegal restraint of fair trade in the U.S.?

I thought so too, it sounded a bit like price fixing, which is illegal
in the US, but a bit of research reveals that an MAP is an agreement to
a minimum *advertised* price only. As long as you advertise at that
price you can sell at whatever price you want.

--
Alun Saunders

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Alun wrote:

Mike Berger wrote:
LandingCrafts wrote:

As a reference ... we've been selling Oneway products on Ebay for a
while. You can check out our current listings (and feedback) on my
Ebay store at http://stores.ebay.com/Going-Bunkers. Oneway has told us
our Ebay prices are too low (they have asked us to sign a MAP policy)
so we will soon have to stop our Ebay listings.

Isn't that an illegal restraint of fair trade in the U.S.?

I thought so too, it sounded a bit like price fixing, which is illegal
in the US, but a bit of research reveals that an MAP is an agreement to
a minimum *advertised* price only. As long as you advertise at that
price you can sell at whatever price you want.

Must be why Amazon does all those "We can't tell you the price until you
put it in the cart." listings. I've always been somewhat iritated by those,
as the price never seems quite good enough to hide.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:36:54 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

Alun wrote:

Mike Berger wrote:
LandingCrafts wrote:

As a reference ... we've been selling Oneway products on Ebay for a
while. You can check out our current listings (and feedback) on my
Ebay store at http://stores.ebay.com/Going-Bunkers. Oneway has told us
our Ebay prices are too low (they have asked us to sign a MAP policy)
so we will soon have to stop our Ebay listings.

Isn't that an illegal restraint of fair trade in the U.S.?

I thought so too, it sounded a bit like price fixing, which is illegal
in the US, but a bit of research reveals that an MAP is an agreement to
a minimum *advertised* price only. As long as you advertise at that
price you can sell at whatever price you want.

Must be why Amazon does all those "We can't tell you the price until you
put it in the cart." listings. I've always been somewhat iritated by those,
as the price never seems quite good enough to hide.

yeah.. Circuit City does that too.. very annoying..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
W Canaday

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:37:17 -0500, LandingCrafts wrote:

We're still working on the site and will continue to expand our
merchandise and product lines. Please visit and see what we have to start
with. Let us know what you think. Let us know how we can improve.

Don't stop now. A LOT of the links point to a page that
simply says "Interested in a lathe? Contact us".

For me to buy, you need to provide quite a bit more product detail. For
instance, what are the gripping ranges (etc) for the jumbo jaws? Will they
fit other (non Oneway) chucks? People who already know this information
already own these jaws. They are not your customers.

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

Well, I was going to order a Oneway Termite today, direct from Oneway... $79
us
plus shipping...

I decided to give landing Crafts a try... ordered the Termite... after the
10%
discount, the total was $73.65 with shipping...

Hi Mac. Would you mind posting a followup after you receive the Termite
as to shipping speed, appropriateness of packaging for shipment,
appearance of product, etc?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Place a sign, easily seen as you switch on your lathe, warning you to remove any and all rings from your fingers. Called degloving, extended hardware can grab your ring and rip it off your finger. A pic for the strong of stomach: www.itim.nsw.gov.au/go/objectid/2A3AC703-1321-1C29-70B067DC88E16BFC/index.cfm

Besides, rings can easily mar the surface of a turning as you check for finished smoothness.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:31:26 -0800, Owen Lowe wrote:

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

Well, I was going to order a Oneway Termite today, direct from Oneway... $79
us
plus shipping...

I decided to give landing Crafts a try... ordered the Termite... after the
10%
discount, the total was $73.65 with shipping...

Hi Mac. Would you mind posting a followup after you receive the Termite
as to shipping speed, appropriateness of packaging for shipment,
appearance of product, etc?

Sorry, I meant to update that...

received an email the same day acknowledging the order...

Received followup email a few days after order was placed... confirming order,
giving shipping notice and info for tracking on Fedex Home...

The package is due here on Dec. 17th...

Craft site Michael Woodturning 5 April 24th 05 07:37 PM
The Best Woodworking Web Site? Unisaw A100 Woodworking 18 March 6th 05 11:09 PM
NEMES New Web Site Errol Groff Metalworking 0 March 6th 05 07:44 PM
What is web site where I can enquire about phone masts, flood plain etc? Mike Mitchell UK diy 41 July 20th 04 01:15 PM
Watching this site OldRedNeck UK diy 3 October 21st 03 11:17 AM