Dave

Default tree burl

Have any of you seen the tree burl in abpw? It was quite amusing.

Owen Lowe

In article Spr8f.521570$xm3.439148@attbi_s21,
"Dave" wrote:

Have any of you seen the tree burl in abpw? It was quite amusing.

Got wood?

Have been wondering if it's a real photo or altered any... Just a tad
too realistic from my limited experience.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.
George

news
"Dave" wrote:

Have any of you seen the tree burl in abpw? It was quite amusing.

Got wood?

Got this.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r-BoxElder.jpg

Friend of mine says I should remove some of the bark around the tip....

Owen Lowe

In article , "George" George@least
wrote:

Got this.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r-BoxElder.jpg

Friend of mine says I should remove some of the bark around the tip....

We'd better be careful here George - this could get out of hand and be
seen as an invitation for Al to beam a message or two from that far off
planet he's been on. Also that guy who turned frozen sperm. And the guy
who made turned genital decorations. Mightn't it have all been the same
guy? Who knows, but it may not be worth the risk of having them pay us a
visit.

Has anyone noticed that once Al Kyder disappeared, so did Lyn?
Coincidence? You be the judge.

(Just yankin' on Lyn's chain if he's monitoring the group.)

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.
M.J.

news
wrote:

Got this.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...r-BoxElder.jpg

Friend of mine says I should remove some of the bark around the tip....

We'd better be careful here George - this could get out of hand and be
seen as an invitation for Al to beam a message or two from that far off
planet he's been on. Also that guy who turned frozen sperm. And the guy
who made turned genital decorations. Mightn't it have all been the same
guy? Who knows, but it may not be worth the risk of having them pay us a
visit.

Has anyone noticed that once Al Kyder disappeared, so did Lyn?
Coincidence? You be the judge.

You could be right on the money there Owen. Lynn was a shrink of some kind
so he may have been just practicing for his split personality
exams........;-)

--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr

Arch

Default tree burl (re Lyn)

In case any of you new to rcw might not understand our good natured and
respectful joshing of a fellow COC.

Lyn Mangiamelli is a prominent neuropsychologist and long time
contributor to rcw. He has stopped posting his fine essays and advice
pertaining to woodturning due to illness and recovery.

His well written, thorough and authoritative reviews of the equipment we
use were independent and very helpful. They are archived for your study.

Lyn, all of us send our best wishes and hopes that you will soon favor
us again with your good posts. I'm sure we would all appreciate an
update about Lyn's present situation from someone in the know.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Notal Kyder

You didn't hear? Al passed away. I thought you knew. Sorry to have to
be the one to break it to you. I know you guys were close. He always
spoke very highly of you Owen. He wasn't feeling well so he went to the
doctor. By then it was already to late. Stage IV ass cancer. Such a
shame. Another brilliant and compassionate man lost to that horrible
disease. Al's groundbreaking efforts in the fields of woodturning and
missionary work have raised the bar for all of us. We can only hope to
honor his memory by passing along all he has taught us.

xxxooo
Notal Kyder

Leo Lichtman

"Owen Lowe" wrote: Has anyone noticed that once Al Kyder disappeared, so
did Lyn? Coincidence? You be the judge.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As I recall, Lyn left BECAUSE of Al Kyder. Of course, that could have been
a ploy designed to conceal any connection between them, and give Al the
appearance of great power. TIC*
__________________
*Lyn, in case you are reading this, "TIC" is a reminder of earlier times,
when we were BOTH ignorant of its meaning, and suffered for it.

Owen Lowe

In article ,
(Arch) wrote:

In case any of you new to rcw might not understand our good natured and
respectful joshing of a fellow COC.

Lyn Mangiamelli is a prominent neuropsychologist and long time
contributor to rcw. He has stopped posting his fine essays and advice
pertaining to woodturning due to illness and recovery.

His well written, thorough and authoritative reviews of the equipment we
use were independent and very helpful. They are archived for your study.

One can also read Lyn's polished articles in More Woodturning, Fred
Holder's magazine. http://www.fholder.com/Woodturning/woodturn.htm I
find myself referring to Lyn's comparison articles when I have a choice
in tooling or somesuch. (Just did this a couple days ago with the Martel
and Kelton hook tools.) He is very thorough and doesn't hesitate to
point out the weaknesses along with offering positives.

Lyn, all of us send our best wishes and hopes that you will soon favor
us again with your good posts. I'm sure we would all appreciate an
update about Lyn's present situation from someone in the know.

Ditto. I believe Ruth had emailed with him more recently than I - if I
remember correctly. I last heard from Lyn in January of this year so
can't offer anything current.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.
Owen Lowe

In article ,
"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

As I recall, Lyn left BECAUSE of Al Kyder. Of course, that could have been
a ploy designed to conceal any connection between them, and give Al the
appearance of great power. TIC*

Pretty sly, no? But then again, Lyn didn't become a neuroshrink by being
dumb.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.

Chuck

On 29 Oct 2005 09:19:14 -0700, "Notal Kyder"
wrote:

You didn't hear? Al passed away.

I miss Al.

:`O

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Christmas tree won't drink water Finite Guy Home Repair 43 December 21st 19 11:06 PM
How Lee Valley & Tegs Tools Saved Christmas B Man Woodworking 0 January 21st 05 02:20 AM
repairing a tree with hole in it Danny Home Repair 8 October 10th 04 02:01 PM
unfortunate Lazarus Long Woodworking 32 April 20th 04 02:44 PM
Tree identification. Al Kyder Woodturning 2 September 17th 03 05:13 PM