Martin

Default New club lathe

The lathe (Powermatic 3520B) arrived last week, just days before Saturday's
meeting. Several guys showed up early to help put it together. It went
together easy and everyone was impressed with it, especially the club member
who got to do the first demonstration on it.

As a member of the lathe selection committee, I want to thank this group for
the help they provided. I had asked what lathe other clubs were using and I
had some questions on hp & torque that this group answered. I had posted
before that I had put together a spreadsheet comparing several lathes and
offered to e-mail to those interested, and several people took me up on the
offer. The spreadsheet is available on my club's website at the following
location for anyone still interested.
http://www.liwoodturners.org/lathe%20comparison.pdf

Thanks
Martin
Long Island Woodturners Association

Art Liestman

As someone who demonstrated on your old lathe, CONGRATULATIONS!

Art Liestman
Bill Rubenstein

Martin:

One minor error in your comparison chart of machines. The spindle
height if the Stubby S750 is adjustable -- from 44" to about 52". A
lower minimum or higher maximum would not be a problem if required.

Bill
Stubby Lathe USA, Inc.