Bill Rubenstein

Default New club lathe

I'll have to fix that.

Bill

Martin wrote:
Thanks for the info. I went back to the Stubby site and see that it states
the lathe stand is adjustable, but it does not indicate the range.
Martin

"Bill Rubenstein" wrote in message
om...

Martin:

One minor error in your comparison chart of machines. The spindle
height if the Stubby S750 is adjustable -- from 44" to about 52". A
lower minimum or higher maximum would not be a problem if required.

Bill
Stubby Lathe USA, Inc.

Martin wrote:

The lathe (Powermatic 3520B) arrived last week, just days before

Saturday's

meeting. Several guys showed up early to help put it together. It went
together easy and everyone was impressed with it, especially the club

member

who got to do the first demonstration on it.

As a member of the lathe selection committee, I want to thank this group

for

the help they provided. I had asked what lathe other clubs were using

and I

had some questions on hp & torque that this group answered. I had

posted

before that I had put together a spreadsheet comparing several lathes

and

offered to e-mail to those interested, and several people took me up on

the

offer. The spreadsheet is available on my club's website at the

following

location for anyone still interested.
http://www.liwoodturners.org/lathe%20comparison.pdf

Thanks