Mike Burr

Default Spindle Finishing.

O.k.
I've gone and done it.
I've finally started turning the 40 odd spindle blanks that have
been drying/tempering in the warm florida garage. I've finally figured
out what design I want to put to the wood in so far that it will allow.
The spindle blanks were cut from 4/16 rough cut cypress, and most of
the grain runs lengwise and provides some spectacular patterns. Now the
real question comes into play. I'm doing these for the front porch and
will be capping and basing the new spindles with some more of the same
cypress that is cut and planed. What, if any, sealant should I use to
be able to make sure the beauty of the wood comes out and doesn't have
to be covered up?

To work is human, to Turn Divine....

Mike