pat davis

Default woodturning clubs in the UK

I may be relocating to the immediate area around Millford Haven in
Pembrookeshire, Wales and would like to know if there is a woodturning club
in the area within resonable travel distance.
I won't be shipping much gear from the U.S. and will have to start from
scratch on a lathe and equipment. Club participation would shorten the
learning curve considerably on what to buy.

D.Davis

check out the awgb site at the following address

http://www.woodturners.co.uk/

everthing you need to know will be there

Leif Thorvaldson

"pat davis" wrote in message
I may be relocating to the immediate area around Millford Haven in
Pembrookeshire, Wales and would like to know if there is a woodturning
club
in the area within resonable travel distance.
I won't be shipping much gear from the U.S. and will have to start from
scratch on a lathe and equipment. Club participation would shorten the
learning curve considerably on what to buy.

D.Davis

=====You might try: http://groups.msn.com/WorldofWoodturners Mainly Brit
members, but they probably can give you the straight scoop for the area and
anything else you want to know.

Leif

Peter Charles Fagg

Pat, if the AWGB cannot help may I suggest your starting your own?
Myself and a friend Stuart Mclellan started "Wight Woodturners" about 3
years ago and there are now 28 members.

I realise that it doesn't solve the immediate problem but long term,
who knows!

I will ask around my connections, hopefully someone will have better
knowledge of the area.

Regards,
Peter Charles Fagg
Freshwater, Isle of Wight,
United Kingdom.
www.petersplatters.co.uk
Each can do but little!
But if each DID that little,
ALL would be done!

Peter Charles Fagg

Fred Jackett is one of the moderators or Jim Brown if you need a name.

Hi Leif, =C5ssen st=E5r det til?

Peter.

Leif Thorvaldson

"Peter Charles Fagg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Fred Jackett is one of the moderators or Jim Brown if you need a name.

Hi Leif, Åssen står det til?

Peter.

Hei, på deg, Peter!! Nokså bra. Mange små klager over helse, men ellers
har jeg det godt. Håper du er i god form!

Leif

Bill Rubenstein

Hm.... as a typical American, I couldn't have told you where Milford
Haven was a few months ago. We visited there (on a cruise) just about a
month ago so now I know. If you haven't seen it, I have a few photos
taken around the port area. I found no signs of woodturning in the
shops I visited, though, and I do keep my eye out.

Bill

pat davis wrote:
I may be relocating to the immediate area around Millford Haven in
Pembrookeshire, Wales and would like to know if there is a woodturning club
in the area within resonable travel distance.
I won't be shipping much gear from the U.S. and will have to start from
scratch on a lathe and equipment. Club participation would shorten the
learning curve considerably on what to buy.

D.Davis

Mark Hancock

Most of the Welsh clubs I know of aren't listed with the AWGB and I can't
recall any being that far west. There are 3 or 4 in the Swansea area

Mark Hancock
http://www.markhancock.co.uk
oups.com...