Todd Clare

Default books on finishing for turners?

Are there any good books on finishing techniques for tuners out there?
I've seen lots of finishing books in general, but little mention of the
specific needs of turning, use of the lathe for application, etc.

Or websites... whatever. I'm looking for some "hey stupid, do it like
this" suggestions, since I'm new to turning and newer to finishing. I
see oils and waxes and shellacs and polys and sanding sealers (and ...)
and it's all a little overwhelming...

Thanks!

-- TC
Roger

Todd,
Save money on a book. Go to Woodcentral.com In the left hand column are
all kinds of articles relaring to wood and several cover finishes,
Especially those in the section "Russ's Corner"
Good luck
Roger Dunn

Steven Russell has done a lot of research on the subject and written
quite a few articles, some of which are on the web (google the name)
and several which are available on his e-books available at

Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Todd

Russ Fairfield has some articles on finishing as well as on other
turning related topics, link to it is below.

http://woodcentral.com/russ/russ3.shtml

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo