Ralph E Lindberg

Default Gloat

A few weeks ago I was cruising eBay, and spotted some turning stock I
was interested in, so I got it. WoodBay was the supplier, when I noticed
he was located just a few miles form me, I asked if I could drop by and
get the wood, he said fine.

I dropped by and saw his shop (more below), chatted for way too long (he
should have been making a living) and learned we had a few other
interests in common. Well, he needed a tube-tester and I just happened
to have one I hadn't used in over 10 years (and not a tube tester in the
house). So we did a swap.

I finally had to tell him I had enough stock, too much for the
tube-tester. I got Alaska Yellow Cedar, Chilean Broadleaf Mahogany, Big
Leaf Maple, Hard Rock Maple (most of the Maple, was figured, flame, burl
or Spalted) and a piece of Koa

If you are looking for turning stock, you could do worse then deal with
George

Oh Ya, George's shop. General Lathe, Jet 14 Bandsaw, Table saw, sander,
10 inch jointer, all just a good shop. Except for his ~30 inch band saw
with a custom sliding table. Certainly makes hacking wood into turning
block easy.

PS Gloat part#2. A friend's father died, none of the family are remotely
interested in wood-working, while the father was serious. Today I bring
back a older Woodmaster 24 inch thickness sander and a huge
pile-o-dimensional oak, alder and pine.

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Allyn Vaughn

On Sun, 01 May 2005 07:50:42 -0700, Ralph E Lindberg
wrote:

[...]

Have dealt with Woodbay on several occasions via eBay and was very
impressed with his selection, quality of wood and business dealings.
Too bad I don't live down the street as you. And BTW, your sander
sucks! g

Allyn
Jim

You must have done something right in a previous life. Can't think of
what it could have been, but it must have been VERY good. G

Jim