Ken Moon

Default Book Gloat

Hi,
Here in Texas, we have a bookstore chain called "Half Priced Books". They
are a used and overstocked book seller at !/2 or less off their usual retail
price. For my birthday this week (#67), my son gave me a HPB gift
certificate. In the past, good woodworking books, and turning books in
particular, have not been plentiful there. With this in mind, I set off
yesterday with the expectation of coming home with a couple of Tom Clancy's
books or something similar. They have a new outlet in Austin and lot's more
space, so I was suprised to end up with 4 books I had looked at in the past,
but left on the shelf due to conflicts in the budget between books and
tools. What I came up with was: 1) Turning Boxs with Richard Raffan; 2) The
Lathe Book, Ernie Conover; 3) Colouring Techniques for Woodturners, Jan
Sanders; 4) Turning Miniatures in Wood, John Sainsbury. 3 and 4 are Guild of
Master Craftsman Publications. Also, I had to pick up a USMC paperback
novel. After my gift certificate and an additional discount, my price was
$6.70.
Gotta go.... got books to read. (:-)

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Dan Valleskey

I just buoght the first Raffan boox today, at Half-priced books,
matter-o-fact!

Yup, good deals. Them words don't wear off the page just cause
someone else read them books.

-Dan V.

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:46:16 GMT, "Ken Moon"
wrote:

[...]

Ken Moon

wrote:

[...]

========================
These all, except for the paperback, appear to be overstock instead of used
(or very gently read). Even without the gift card, the price would have been
great, $43.70.

Ken

Ken Moon

"Steven Raphael" wrote in message
You will find the lathe book quite interesting. It has many useful tips in
it as well as techniques.
"Ken Moon" wrote in message
nk.net...

====================

So far the most interesting is the book on wood coloring. It covers
painting, staining, dyes, etc, that we have had numerous threads on here in
the recent past.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Reyd

Just as a quick note for those of you in Canada, don't do what I did, I
bought the RR Turned boxes book at the local book store, it was 5$ above
the price listed on the back, lee valley had it for at least 15$ less.
Awesome find btw.

In article . net,
"Ken Moon" wrote:

"Dan Valleskey" valleskey at comcast dot net wrote in message

snip

--
All they do is slap some lipstick on and try to
pretend it's not a pig.

this couple is gets attacked by... uh... *grabs lamp*
a lamp monster! *waves lamp around* Woooooooooo!"

-Delta Nine