Rafal

Default Cable gland for armoured cable

Hi,

Just find out that my new electric installation is not up to scratch.
The are few things but one of the main ones is the lack of
cable gland as the armoured cable enters the plastic CU casing.
I am going to call the "electrician" back but it may take some time before
he "kindly" arrives and it is very urgent.
The cable is very stiff and the short available length make moving it
out of the present position almost impossible.
Are there any cable glands available which contain of two parts, one placed
behind the cable other at the front and screwed together?
TIA

Rafal

Ian Stirling

Rafal wrote:
Hi,

Just find out that my new electric installation is not up to scratch.
The are few things but one of the main ones is the lack of
cable gland as the armoured cable enters the plastic CU casing.
I am going to call the "electrician" back but it may take some time before
he "kindly" arrives and it is very urgent.

Why?
Do you plan to start kicking the cable repeatedly?

The cable is very stiff and the short available length make moving it
out of the present position almost impossible.
Are there any cable glands available which contain of two parts, one placed
behind the cable other at the front and screwed together?
TIA

Rafal

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Rafal wrote:
Just find out that my new electric installation is not up to scratch.
The are few things but one of the main ones is the lack of cable gland
as the armoured cable enters the plastic CU casing.

There's nothing that says you must use a gland - especially if not using
the outer for earth purposes.

I am going to call
the "electrician" back but it may take some time before he "kindly"
arrives and it is very urgent. The cable is very stiff and the short
available length make moving it out of the present position almost
impossible. Are there any cable glands available which contain of two
parts, one placed behind the cable other at the front and screwed
together?

Since it's probably just an appearance thing, you could cut one in half
and superglue it together.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Rafal

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Rafal wrote:
[...]

Why the gland and why it is urgent:

It is a two storey house converted to 3 flats. It did have single phase
supply.
After rewiring of my flat and the flat above/owned by somebody else/
the EDF come around to check dodgy looking head in the basement.
They said that if you have 3 flats in this same building you need 3 phase.
The freeholder arranged that to be installed on the 20th. In the meantime
he got an electrician around to check if the wiring is "3 phase compliant"
That is what he had pointed out at. I do not have his findings in writing
yet
Rafal

Chasing cable for wall mounted plasma Marcos Scriven UK diy 19 July 29th 04 09:46 PM
Pulling cable through with existing one / Clipping cable in loft Mike Hall UK diy 17 January 12th 04 12:52 PM
Fluorescent lights - heat rating of cable? David UK diy 8 September 2nd 03 09:00 PM
Cable - pricing up NorwichLad UK diy 3 July 25th 03 12:59 PM
Routeing Electrical FTE cable pickerel UK diy 3 July 24th 03 12:43 AM