ron

Default leaking washing machine

Hi I have a Hoover Classica washing machine which, for no apparent reason,
will leak water from the soap drawer when it is taking in water. It comes
from the slight gap at the bottom of the drawer. It only does it sometimes
and at first I thought that the drawer was not being closed properly but it
is not that. I tried reducing the water pressure by half turning off the tap
and thought that had fixed it until the next time I saw a pool of water on
the floor. It can go for 3 or 4 washes without any leaks then the next time
there is water on the floor. It is definately the soap drawer as the water
runs down the front of the machine. I thought of taping the drawer closed
then got the "how am I to put in the Lenor speech" I have cleaned out the
drawer and all the holes and channels around it and also pushed a long
handled bottle brush down all the holes and pipes leading from the drawer. I
try it and there is no leaks for a while and then it will leak again. The
only thing put in the drawer is the fabric conditioner as we use soap
tablets. So has this happened to anyone else and if so how did they fix it.

Thanks Ron

Ian Stirling

ron wrote:
[...]

You've got goop buildup in the pipes.
You need a long brush on a wire that you can push down the pipe.

Pouring a quantity of boiling water down the tray may dissolve it.
Paul King

"ron" wrote in message ...
[...]

*DON'T* level the machine!
My Dyson did this (it also made a nasty knocking noise like a Gattling gun
when it spun).
I sorted it by not having the machine absolutely level - I made certain that
the front feet were higher than the back ones! The result is that the drum
hangs slightly further away from the door - and the water no longer
seeps/runs out of the soap drawer!

HTH

Pet

ron wrote:

Hi I have a Hoover Classica washing machine which, for no apparent reason,
will leak water from the soap drawer when it is taking in water. It comes
from the slight gap at the bottom of the drawer.

snip

Apart from the comment about making sure the macine is tilted back
rather than level, I had (have) the same problem with our Whirlpool
machine I eventually tracked the problem down to the drawer being fully
CLOSED of all things!
When closed, any slight "overspray" from the water supply into the
drawer seemed to get drawn by a capilliary action out of the front of
the machine between the bottom of the drawer.
By leaving the drawer open 1/4 of an inch the problem was cured
completely (for the last 3 years) !

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!