Pet

Default leaking washing machine

ron wrote:

Hi I have a Hoover Classica washing machine which, for no apparent reason,
will leak water from the soap drawer when it is taking in water. It comes
from the slight gap at the bottom of the drawer.

snip

Apart from the comment about making sure the macine is tilted back
rather than level, I had (have) the same problem with our Whirlpool
machine I eventually tracked the problem down to the drawer being fully
CLOSED of all things!
When closed, any slight "overspray" from the water supply into the
drawer seemed to get drawn by a capilliary action out of the front of
the machine between the bottom of the drawer.
By leaving the drawer open 1/4 of an inch the problem was cured
completely (for the last 3 years) !

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!