ron

Default leaking washing machine

Hi I have a Hoover Classica washing machine which, for no apparent reason,
will leak water from the soap drawer when it is taking in water. It comes
from the slight gap at the bottom of the drawer. It only does it sometimes
and at first I thought that the drawer was not being closed properly but it
is not that. I tried reducing the water pressure by half turning off the tap
and thought that had fixed it until the next time I saw a pool of water on
the floor. It can go for 3 or 4 washes without any leaks then the next time
there is water on the floor. It is definately the soap drawer as the water
runs down the front of the machine. I thought of taping the drawer closed
then got the "how am I to put in the Lenor speech" I have cleaned out the
drawer and all the holes and channels around it and also pushed a long
handled bottle brush down all the holes and pipes leading from the drawer. I
try it and there is no leaks for a while and then it will leak again. The
only thing put in the drawer is the fabric conditioner as we use soap
tablets. So has this happened to anyone else and if so how did they fix it.

Thanks Ron