Stuart

Default 10mm Copper Pipe

Does 10mm pipe solely come in coils or are there sources of straight
lengths .If not is there a good way of straightening it neatly .?
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Ed Sirett

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:08:44 +0100, Stuart wrote:

Does 10mm pipe solely come in coils or are there sources of straight
lengths .If not is there a good way of straightening it neatly .?
Stuart

AFAIK it comes in rolls. It straightens with gentle bending. Try to avoid
bending it more than necessary.

Ian Stirling

Stuart wrote:
Does 10mm pipe solely come in coils or are there sources of straight
lengths .If not is there a good way of straightening it neatly .?

Uncoil roughly.

Attach one end securely to something.
Attach the other end securely to a movable something.
Move the movable something away from the immovable something until
the distance is .5% or so above that when the pipe got taught.
EricP

babbled like a waterfall and said:

Does 10mm pipe solely come in coils or are there sources of straight
lengths .If not is there a good way of straightening it neatly .?
Stuart

Normally coils and unless you can work Miracles, it will never be
straight.

I suggest you buy a short coil and experiment. You will soon see what
I mean, and what level of finish you can attain.

Stuart

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:26:25 GMT, EricP
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:08:44 +0100, Stuart
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Does 10mm pipe solely come in coils or are there sources of straight
lengths .If not is there a good way of straightening it neatly .?
Stuart

Normally coils and unless you can work Miracles, it will never be
straight.

I suggest you buy a short coil and experiment. You will soon see what
I mean, and what level of finish you can attain.

Yeah,thats why I aksed cos I was proposing to try to neaten up the
present pipes to the ardiators some of which are not particularly
straight .
I did a Goofgle and saw that straight lengths do seem to be made but
finding where they are sold is another matter .You can also get it in
insulated form which might be a better option .
A friend of mine has a house about 2 years old which has 10mm
insulated piping .
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Stuart

wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:08:44 +0100, Stuart
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Does 10mm pipe solely come in coils or are there sources of straight
lengths .If not is there a good way of straightening it neatly .?
Stuart

Normally coils and unless you can work Miracles, it will never be
straight.

I suggest you buy a short coil and experiment. You will soon see what
I mean, and what level of finish you can attain.

Just checked the cost of the insulated stuff with a local plumbers
merchant and here is what they said .
Hello... Price is £103.13 per 25mt coil + vat £18.05 total £121.18
PHEW !!!!
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Cicero

--------------------------
Hello... Price is £103.13 per 25mt coil + vat £18.05 total £121.18

--------------------------
PHEW !!!!
Stuart

==================
I use an external spring to straighten my 8mm pipe so the same technique
should be reasonably successful for 10mm - assuming that you've got a 10mm
external spring. It doesn't give perfect results but it's much better than
trying to straighten it by hand alone.

Cic.

Stuart

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:13:13 GMT, "Cicero"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Thx Cic...I'll try that .
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Brian Sharrock

wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:08:44 +0100, Stuart
babbled like a waterfall and said:

Does 10mm pipe solely come in coils or are there sources of straight
lengths .If not is there a good way of straightening it neatly .?
Stuart

snip

I use an external spring to straighten my 8mm pipe so the same technique
should be reasonably successful for 10mm - assuming that you've got a 10mm
external spring. It doesn't give perfect results but it's much better

than
trying to straighten it by hand alone.

Somewhere, in my 'too good to throw away' box; I've got a
plastic red bending tool for 8mm, the tool has a curved
90 deg 'track' at one end _and_ the handle is 'drilled'
for 8mm piping - the theory is; one draws the pipe
off the coil through the handle and forming 'bends'
where needed. It seemed to work mostly ... it helped to have
one person 'drawing' off the piping while another person
held the coil and the plastic forming/straightening tool.

Can't remember where I bought it - t'was almost thirty-years
ago.

--

Brian

Aidan

Stuart wrote:

-------------------------
Hello... Price is =A3103.13 per 25mt coil + vat =A318.05 total =A3121.18

-------------------------
PHEW !!!!

www.bes.ltd.uk

Item No. 6941, 10mm X 25m coil =A319.24

Item No. 7359, 25m coil with castellated white plastic coating (I think
this is what you mean by insulated) =A318.77

Prices are approximate 'cos my catalogue's out-of-date.

Stuart

On 2 Apr 2005 02:10:20 -0800, "Aidan" wrote:

Stuart wrote:

Hello... Price is £103.13 per 25mt coil + vat £18.05 total £121.18

PHEW !!!!

www.bes.ltd.uk

Item No. 6941, 10mm X 25m coil £19.24

Item No. 7359, 25m coil with castellated white plastic coating (I think
this is what you mean by insulated) £18.77

Prices are approximate 'cos my catalogue's out-of-date.

Thx for that .It's now £24.40 but that's exactly what I'm looking for
..
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.