Crag

Default Tumble dryer venting kit...

Afternoon,

I bought a venting kit similar to this (http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/84-486)
from Focus allthough I also have three plastic pins/clips with it.
My very basic question is what the hell do I do with it? Where does the
self adhesive ring go? If it goes on the wall does it go on before or after
the plastic sleeve. What do I do with the clips?

Probably thought they they didn't need to provide intructions with it as it
is so simple, but I'm proving them wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Crag

Chris J Dixon

Crag wrote:

I bought a venting kit similar to this (http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/84-486)
from Focus allthough I also have three plastic pins/clips with it.
My very basic question is what the hell do I do with it? Where does the
self adhesive ring go? If it goes on the wall does it go on before or after
the plastic sleeve. What do I do with the clips?

Probably thought they they didn't need to provide intructions with it as it
is so simple, but I'm proving them wrong.

Well, a good starting point would be to ask you what you bought
it with the intention of doing?

Are you using it to connect the pipe to the dryer, a wall vent or
what? Do you just have a hole in the wall?

I believe the pegs can be pushed through the thin plastic of the
pipe into the holes in the fitting to keep it in place.

I'm guessing that the adhesive ring could hold the whole assembly
against an outlet on which it was not a snug fit. To do this you
might assembly the pipe to the fitting, then slide the ring along
to stick everything to the dryer or wall.

Regards
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Crag

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:46:14 GMT Chris J Dixon
wrote in :

Well, a good starting point would be to ask you what you bought
it with the intention of doing?

Thanks for the reply. I've got a ready vented round hole in the wall. I
presume the pipe screws in to the rear of the dryer then you use the kit
(sleeve, pins & adhesive ring) to vent the hot air out. I just wasn't sure
in which order to use the bits & bobs.

Crag

Venting a dryer Ed Hayes Home Repair 15 March 28th 05 03:23 PM
Tumble Dryer Marsha UK diy 15 February 17th 05 02:00 PM
Candy Double quick 1500 Tumble Dryer Andy UK diy 2 January 10th 05 04:43 PM
Quilt cover in tumble dryer Thomas Home Ownership 2 November 27th 04 03:05 PM
Cost of using a tumble dryer DavyW UK diy 10 October 29th 04 09:27 AM