John

Default Autofeed Rollers

I have a lot of emulsioning to do and I am thinking of buying one of these,
http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/cps_html/pr9.htm Anybody ever used one (or
similar)? Are they anygood and are they worth buying? I am thinking of
getting one as I have 4 rooms and a hall,stairs and landing to do and I am
taken with the idea of not having to get up and down ladders etc to reload
the roller every two minutes or so.

Cheers

John

[news]

John wrote:
I have a lot of emulsioning to do and I am thinking of buying one of these,
http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/cps_html/pr9.htm Anybody ever used one (or
similar)? Are they anygood and are they worth buying? I am thinking of
getting one as I have 4 rooms and a hall,stairs and landing to do and I am
taken with the idea of not having to get up and down ladders etc to reload
the roller every two minutes or so.

Cheers

John

apparently, spraying is far better for fast even coverage than rollers

cheaper to hire a pro setup, obv.

RT

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
[news] wrote:
apparently, spraying is far better for fast even coverage than rollers

It's fast for getting the paint on - but rather more time consuming
getting it off everything it isn't meant to be on. Ie, domestically, just
about everything.

cheaper to hire a pro setup, obv.

--
*Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
[news]

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
[news] wrote:
apparently, spraying is far better for fast even coverage than rollers

It's fast for getting the paint on - but rather more time consuming
getting it off everything it isn't meant to be on. Ie, domestically, just
about everything.

prep, mask, mask again.....

RT

RichardS

"[news]" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
[news] wrote:
apparently, spraying is far better for fast even coverage than rollers

It's fast for getting the paint on - but rather more time consuming
getting it off everything it isn't meant to be on. Ie, domestically,

just
about everything.

prep, mask, mask again.....

hmm, by which time the paint could have probably been on by a roller.

I don't mask anything at all anymore. Steady hand and proper brush loading
helps a bit for cutting in, both of which can be achieved with a bit of
practise.

If you're trying to spray walls a different colour to the ceiling I have no
idea at all how you can prevent overspray to the ceiling - would take at
least masking to the coving and then taping newspaper or lining paper around
the ceiling, and even then you'll probably see shadows of overspray when
it's removed.

For hallways a roller on a decorator's pole speeds things up no end.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

mrcheerful

"John" wrote in message
I have a lot of emulsioning to do and I am thinking of buying one of these,
http://www.earlex.co.uk/html/cps_html/pr9.htm Anybody ever used one (or
similar)? Are they anygood and are they worth buying? I am thinking of
getting one as I have 4 rooms and a hall,stairs and landing to do and I am
taken with the idea of not having to get up and down ladders etc to reload
the roller every two minutes or so.

Cheers

John

I've got one and I love it, less backache for a starter!!

mrcheerful

Peter Parry

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:49:01 GMT, "[news]" wrote:

prep, mask, mask again.....

Mask a cat???

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
[news]

Peter Parry wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:49:01 GMT, "[news]" wrote:

prep, mask, mask again.....

Mask a cat???

never! you're supposed to get them completely soaked in whatever
medium you are working with and let them run riot over the furniture.

RT

Andy Dingley

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:15:52 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

It's fast for getting the paint on - but rather more time consuming
getting it off everything it isn't meant to be on. Ie, domestically, just
about everything

52 years since my Dad sprayed a room in their first house.

Mum _still_ goes on about the overspray.