RichardS

"[news]" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
[news] wrote:
apparently, spraying is far better for fast even coverage than rollers

It's fast for getting the paint on - but rather more time consuming
getting it off everything it isn't meant to be on. Ie, domestically,

just
about everything.

prep, mask, mask again.....

hmm, by which time the paint could have probably been on by a roller.

I don't mask anything at all anymore. Steady hand and proper brush loading
helps a bit for cutting in, both of which can be achieved with a bit of
practise.

If you're trying to spray walls a different colour to the ceiling I have no
idea at all how you can prevent overspray to the ceiling - would take at
least masking to the coving and then taping newspaper or lining paper around
the ceiling, and even then you'll probably see shadows of overspray when
it's removed.

For hallways a roller on a decorator's pole speeds things up no end.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk