Andy B

Default Sofa bed

Can anyone help find a supplier, please.
I've got a sofa bed, based around a bi-folding metal frame, with slatted
wood mattress support. The frame has become damaged, and I was looking
to replace the frame. It looks as if it just bolts in. If it helps
similar beds are found in some caravans, in the lounge as.
I've tried some obvious, to me at least, Googling but can't get past the
5,000 bed shops.
TIA
Andy
Yekal

When you say you are looking for replacement, which frame is damaged? the
wooden frame on the settee or the metal frame on the bed part, I can get bed
settee mechanisms, but not sure off the top of my head sizes and prices, let
us know.
"Andy B" wrote in message
Can anyone help find a supplier, please.
I've got a sofa bed, based around a bi-folding metal frame, with slatted
wood mattress support. The frame has become damaged, and I was looking
to replace the frame. It looks as if it just bolts in. If it helps
similar beds are found in some caravans, in the lounge as.
I've tried some obvious, to me at least, Googling but can't get past the
5,000 bed shops.
TIA
Andy

Andy B

"Yekal" wrote in message ...
When you say you are looking for replacement, which frame is damaged? the
wooden frame on the settee or the metal frame on the bed part, I can get bed
settee mechanisms, but not sure off the top of my head sizes and prices, let
us know.

Thanks for the response
Quite a few of the metal frames are damaged around the hinge and legs,
wih a number of rivet/joints popped.I suspect someone pushed the wrong
way when they were folding it all up.

I don't believe the metal frame is fixable, though I could salvage
wooden boards, matress, maybe the springs.

As for sizes, nopt sure how they're measure, The overall sof is some
8ft, and the mattress is standard size-ish.
Thanks
Andy B

Removal/cleaning of bitumen paint from sofa :-( Richard UK diy 20 March 26th 05 04:37 PM
lazboy won't accept sofa sectional return Snoop Drew Home Repair 13 February 11th 05 10:43 PM
Air deflector - Sofa covers a floor vent Stan Home Repair 4 August 1st 04 04:54 PM
DIY Sofa SteveM UK diy 5 June 10th 04 10:25 PM
Leather sofa - extra cash for treatment? Charlie UK diy 2 June 9th 04 12:36 PM