Sleeker GT Phwoar

Default Needs some advice about buying Acetone.

Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

I'm looking to use it as a solvent for ABS plastic to turn it into a
moulding/adhesive paste instead of Fibreglass when I build the new
screen surround I'm working on, for the car PC project.

TIA
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
Autolycus

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message
t...
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

www.glasplies.co.uk

and thus any other supplier (or perhaps user) of bulk grp stuff. ISTR
that there were different grades of it at one time.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***

Dave

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message
t...
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

I'm looking to use it as a solvent for ABS plastic to turn it into a
moulding/adhesive paste instead of Fibreglass when I build the new
screen surround I'm working on, for the car PC project.

TIA

http://www.resin-supplies.co.uk/Pricelist.htm#ACETONE

HTH

Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article ,
says...

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message
t...
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

www.glasplies.co.uk

and thus any other supplier (or perhaps user) of bulk grp stuff. ISTR
that there were different grades of it at one time.

Excellent link thanks, can make a lot of use of stuff there.

Cheers.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article , says...
"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message
t...
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

I'm looking to use it as a solvent for ABS plastic to turn it into a
moulding/adhesive paste instead of Fibreglass when I build the new
screen surround I'm working on, for the car PC project.

TIA

http://www.resin-supplies.co.uk/Pricelist.htm#ACETONE

HTH

Another good link thanks, a little more expensive than what Autolycus
pasted, but that has been bookmarked too, always good to check
alternatives.

Excellent.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:
Another good link thanks, a little more expensive than what Autolycus
pasted, but that has been bookmarked too, always good to check
alternatives.

Excellent.

See. I told you. ;-)

--
*Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Rob Convery

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message
t...
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

I'm looking to use it as a solvent for ABS plastic to turn it into a
moulding/adhesive paste instead of Fibreglass when I build the new
screen surround I'm working on, for the car PC project.

TIA
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/

Ian Stirling

Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

I'm looking to use it as a solvent for ABS plastic to turn it into a
moulding/adhesive paste instead of Fibreglass when I build the new
screen surround I'm working on, for the car PC project.

You might also try phoning round chemical suppliers and asking them.
Often drums of stuff can be surprisingly inexpensive, especially if the
company in question offers free delivery, as some do.
nick smith

About a pound a litre in any French supermarket or Band Q equivalent

(and up to £300 quid to get there depending on where you live and how long you
go for)

But you may know someone going there soon ?

Worth having a look at what's available over there - all sorts of things that
aren't available here easily - and some that I wouldn't carry just chucked in
the back of a car !

Nick

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

I'm looking to use it as a solvent for ABS plastic to turn it into a
moulding/adhesive paste instead of Fibreglass when I build the new
screen surround I'm working on, for the car PC project.

TIA

Thanks to everybody who posted with links and advice, will all come in
useful.
--
Carl Robson
"Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf"
(The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Steve Walker

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:40:38 -0000, Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:

In article ,
says...

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message
t...
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

www.glasplies.co.uk

and thus any other supplier (or perhaps user) of bulk grp stuff. ISTR
that there were different grades of it at one time.

Excellent link thanks, can make a lot of use of stuff there.

Cheers.

I wonder if they're still in the same old scruffy building as years ago?
The one with the metal bladed extractor fan in the wall, with no guard and
a small sign saying "Keep Your Bloody Fingers Out!" next to it?

Steve Walker
Nospam

Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:

Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

I'm looking to use it as a solvent for ABS plastic to turn it into a
moulding/adhesive paste instead of Fibreglass when I build the new
screen surround I'm working on, for the car PC project.

Hmm, why not use proper filler, or add microbaloons/talc etc to a
resin.

Acetone+pvc makes a real mess, the fumes will blow your head off and
its not a good filler anyway even if you are filling gaps in pvc - its
not very spreadable.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article ,
says...
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:40:38 -0000, Sleeker GT Phwoar wrote:

In article ,

says...

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote in message
t...
Where I can buy it, and roughly what it would cost per quantity.

www.glasplies.co.uk

and thus any other supplier (or perhaps user) of bulk grp stuff. ISTR
that there were different grades of it at one time.

Excellent link thanks, can make a lot of use of stuff there.

Cheers.

I wonder if they're still in the same old scruffy building as years ago?
The one with the metal bladed extractor fan in the wall, with no guard and
a small sign saying "Keep Your Bloody Fingers Out!" next to it?

Ah the sensible approach to health and safety.